• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the value of these batman adventures comics?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals.  CGC noobie here.  I was a Batman TAS fanatic growing up and have a lot of the comics.  I did a little research and these seem to be the most sought after.  I don't know anything about comic grading so how do these seem?  I can take more pictures as well.  Plus the other picture is of a personalized comic you had to send in for and I can't find anything on it.IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.3aced57d65e1d0a65c1ea6c06ffcb25e.JPGIMG_0826.thumb.JPG.7943dc809f96679603f1809e8f06696b.JPG

20 hours ago, BatDude43 said:

Hey guys and gals.  CGC noobie here.  I was a Batman TAS fanatic growing up and have a lot of the comics.  I did a little research and these seem to be the most sought after.  I don't know anything about comic grading so how do these seem?  I can take more pictures as well.  Plus the other picture is of a personalized comic you had to send in for and I can't find anything on it.IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.3aced57d65e1d0a65c1ea6c06ffcb25e.JPGIMG_0826.thumb.JPG.7943dc809f96679603f1809e8f06696b.JPG

Batman Adventures 12 is the first appearance of Harley Quinn in comics and has a lot of value.

The Mad Love issue is Harley's origin and also has some value. the rest; not so much.

The value can largely depend on the condition of the comics.  For general ballparks of value, you can go to ebay and run searches for the comics and look at the 'sold' items to see what prices these items have sold for.  Additionally, you can look buy an 'Overstreet Price Guide' and use that as a tool to get an idea of pricing.  There's no one perfect pricing method, there's a lot of variables involved.

If you want the comics professionally graded for a fee, you can submit them to CGC (though ironically depending on the grade, it might not be worth it).  If you want them more informally graded by anonymous strangers on the internet for free, you can take detailed pictures (front, back, maybe specific defects or interiors) and post them on this very website in the 'Please Grade My Comics' subforum.  That will give you a better idea of a grade and a better idea of value.

OR if you just want to sell without thinking or learning, you can consign them to MyComicShop.com and not even think about grading them on your own or selling them on your own.  You send them in, they grade them, they take pics, they advertise, they run an auction, they collect the money, they mail them out, and they pay you money.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:13 PM, comicdonna said:

I just paid $450 for a near mint copy of Batman Adventures #12 

That just blows my mind. Six months ago I was in my local comic book store and they had issue 12 for $350. I looked up at the shopkeep and said, "This is a joke right?" He said nope. And I lost it. "I F---ing have that copy at home. Never read it. Can't believe how much it goes for.