• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare G.I. Joe #200 (RIB) HERB TRIMPE BLANK COVER VARIANT - For Sale for 1st Time!
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi all - About two years ago I had offered up here some rare copies of Transformers #100.  They were blank sketch covers that came from Herb Trimpe's estate when he passed away.  Thanks to all those who purchased those.  Dan Partouche helped me identify that these were part of a cache of comics given to Herb so that he could draw sketches on them so they could be offered as dealer incentives.  There were 70 copies of this book found in Herb's files.  It is estimated that no more than 100 copies were printed by IDW.  All copies were blank and none had sketches by Herb. 

Well, similar to the Transformers #100, IDW also printed up blank sketch covers of G.I. Joe #200 which came out the same month.  79 copies of this book were found in Herb's files.  When they were found, I had wanted to offer them up to the public by getting Mike Zeck to draw sketches on them so 70 copies of the book were shipped to Mike.  I kept 9 copies to get sketches by other artists.  Well, two years later, Mike hasn't found the time to draw sketches on these covers and there have been a few people inquiring if they could purchase blank copies of this book to complete their G.I. Joe collections.  I'm happy to say that Mike was willing to let go of some blank copies of the book so that people could purchase them. 

These are probably the rarest G.I. Joe comics in existence and as you can see from the inside front cover scan below, they were part of the initial print run (variant RIB).  They are similar to the Yesteryear Comics blank cover (variant RE), but this version does not have the Yesteryear Comics logo on it. 

I am offering NM copies (9.4 or better) for $100/each.  Priority Mail Shipping for up to five copies is $7. 

To reserve a copy(ies), please feel free to send me an PM or you can e-mail me at comiconxion@hotmail.com.  Limit of 10 copies per person. 

Hope this can help people out.  And, as people get sketches on these, I'd love to see those sketches posted on this thread!

-Charles Costas

GI_Joe200_Blank_Front.jpg

GI_Joe200_Blank_IFC.jpg

GI_Joe200_Blank_Back.jpg

Edited by comiconxion