• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help grade my Crime SuspenStories 22
1 1

19 posts in this topic

It's lovely, are there rust stains on the staples at the centerfold? 

I don't think that's foxing (although I'm definitely not an expert) a science teacher/collector friend, once told me that those stains were called Tannin stains "Tanning Line - A brownish stain line of tannin that occurs when wet comic book paper drys. "

I'd much prefer that to "foxing" which is mold.

I can't see it at less than 4.0, but not sure about 4.5 because of the tear on the front, hence my question about the staples.

44 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's lovely, are there rust stains on the staples at the centerfold? 

I don't think that's foxing (although I'm definitely not an expert) a science teacher/collector friend, once told me that those stains were called Tannin stains "Tanning Line - A brownish stain line of tannin that occurs when wet comic book paper drys. "

I'd much prefer that to "foxing" which is mold.

I can't see it at less than 4.0, but not sure about 4.5 because of the tear on the front, hence my question about the staples.

When I was sent a picture of it, before I bought it, I thought there was rust too, but no rust thankfully.  I would prefer tanning lines too. 

Edited by Secret Son