• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Aero run

65 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, walclark said:

capaero10a.jpg.c0ddcd5f6c2137d7e296498477cf894e.jpg

This CGC 2.0 looks GREAT in the holder !!! what a GREAT cover too ! so much going on with this cover !!

The Japanese planes and especially their bombers were nicknamed by their own troops as "flying lighters"

this is because they lacked self sealing fuel tanks and even just one bullet could start a fire and bring down a Japanese bomber

Edited by 1950's war comics

9 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@walclark i have never seen this or many other of these Captain Aero covers ... this one really catches my eye, make me think of "The battle of Britain" !!

what is your method for storing these oversized CGC holders?

No special method.  I have about a dozen comics that have been slabbed in the magazine size holders,  I just keep them flat on a shelf, not in the box with the rest of the run.

On 10/6/2017 at 10:04 PM, ThothAmon said:
On 10/6/2017 at 2:28 PM, walclark said:

capaero24.jpg.b89ae034a6305e902025648b505256fd.jpg

Congratulations. All great, but this one's my favorite. Thanks for sharing. 

Mine, too.  Tremendous accomplishment.  Nearly all these books are really tough.  As a group, they are tougher than the Catman run, imo.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:10 PM, walclark said:

Unlike GAtor, who has the patience to dole out his Centaurs and Zips a day at a time, I'm just going to dump the whole thing out there at once.  Hope you see something interesting.  Now, on with the show.

That’s quite the dump!