• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2018 -- It's still Never too Early, October 4-7
2 2

56 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance if this should be put on the for sale section but figure it might reach a more relevant audience here.  I know it's a bit last minute but a last minute change of plans has left me with 2 Thursday and 3 Friday badges I no longer need and would be looking to sell at what I paid for them.  If anyone is interested in them feel free to PM.  If you already have a Fan Verified account I can transfer them to you or just activate/transfer them and meet up with you at the show or nearby.  If you want to do an overnight shipping option I'd be ok with that too but you'd need to pay for shipping and obviously pay with enough time for me to put an address label on and get to the shipping carrier.  I'll be at the show starting at 10am on Thursday so feel free to hit me up if you'd rather do a local pickup.  I do have 3 saturday badges as well but was thinking of taking the family to see the cosplay folks and check out a panel.  However, I could be persuaded to sell the 3 saturday badges if you also buy the 2 Thursday and 3 Friday badges at a slight discount.

Thursday badge: $58 (x2)

Friday badge: $61 (x3)

Saturday badge $66 (x3) will only sell if buying all the Thursday or Friday badges.

If you purchase all my Thursday and Friday badges ($299) I will discount them to ($250)

If you purchase all 8 of my available badges I will discount the total to $460.

Payment accepted via paypal or cash if picking up locally.

If no responses by tomorrow afternoon I'll be posting on ebay, CL or wherever.

If this needs to be moved/removed due to violations I'll post the link to the auction in ebay or sales thread.

Day 1 - Thursday

I'm glad to report that Artist Alley was moved to a larger space and a 1000x better than last year.  

It is still in the lower level but towards the middle of that level.  Larger space and wider aisles.

Employees are also stationed near the "hot" artists with designated lines for crowd control.  

At the open, the lines seemed longest for Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo who were stationed in the back corner. 

The artists' complained about last year's set up and I'm glad NYCC listened.

For CGC submissions, they are located on the main level. The lines were very long.  There were 2 lines.  Make sure you are on the correct line.  Line 1 - submissions.  Line 2 - questions.

Have fun everyone.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

3 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Just got back. Way too crowded, and for gods sake, if you are in the isle, move to the side if you want to wildly_fanciful_statement instead of holding up traffic.

Yikes. I’m not going anymore the crowds were just huge last year could barely get anywhere. I heard they sold far more tickets this year. I’m really only there for comics at this point anyway so I’ll just look for smaller quieter shows but I hope you guys going can score some good books.

Day 2 - Friday

Not bad.  CGC submission line was steady all day. Crowds around comic dealers and Art dealers were not bad. 

Lines for videogames were ridiculous and in the front of the aisles which caused blockages.  NYCC needs to move them to the back.

Lines for toys were perpetually long but everyone seemed happy once they made their purchases.  

The crowds got noticeably larger after 3 pm.  This is when kids get out of school.

Day 3 - Saturday

Overall not too bad.  I showed up 12 noon - 3 pm.  Crowds were manageable if you knew who you wanted to see.  I always recommend you study the floor plans in advance.

I also think with some panels at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theatre, it alleviated some of the crowding issues.  MSG is not that close so a good chunk of attendees leave the convention center.

I think Friday might have been more difficult walking inside the convention center. Maybe people left for lunch when I showed up Saturday?

Frank Miller showed up at his booth in Artist Alley.  Crowds overall in Artist Alley were not bad.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

No, that's way too high.  According to NYCC last year, overall paid attendance was about 125K - 150K.  SDCC usually claims 125K in overall paid attendance. 

Personally, I think NYCC fudges the numbers to claim bragging rights.

Maybe 37K for Thursday only?

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

No, that's way too high.  According to NYCC last year, overall paid attendance was about 125K - 150K.  SDCC usually claims 125K in overall paid attendance. 

Thanks. That's what some people were telling me on Friday. 

Day 4 - Sunday

Overall, this felt like the most crowded even though vendors we're starting to box things up to leave at 12 noon.

Shortest lines for CGC but they were getting ready to pack it in.

Victory Comics had a great selection of $2 comics and $5 TPB.

Some vendor had Marvel Super-Hero magnets from 1996 for $1 each. A complete set of 25 for $18.  Didn't catch vendor name but I picked up a few individual magnets.  Best deal at the show for impulse buy.  Lol.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

NYCC reported to CNBC that 250,000 tickets were sold at an average of $50.

I purchased 4 tickets for myself, (Thursday - Sunday).  Since I had to register my tickets with an email address, I'm sure NYCC can figure out with accuracy, how many unique individuals attended the show.

Cheers! 

N.

21 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

NYCC reported to CNBC that 250,000 tickets were sold at an average of $50.

I purchased 4 tickets for myself, (Thursday - Sunday).  Since I had to register my tickets with an email address, I'm sure NYCC can figure out with accuracy, how many unique individuals attended the show.

Cheers! 

N.

Probably every time you tap you pass in or out.  They are most likely collecting more info about you then we realize

On 10/6/2018 at 9:33 PM, NelsonAI said:

37K is probably in the ballpark.  They ended up with some Th tickets unsold, which is unusual I think. I went Th and Sun afternoons.  Sun afternoon seemed much more crowded than Th afternoon.