• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The RAREST Treasury Edition that was COMPLETELY MISSED (ONLY ONE EVER)
1 1

20 posts in this topic

First time I ever posted anything to the internet and I am so sorry that I did. I am shocked and appalled at Peoples comments and how mean they are.

It was just my personal observation and comment and NOTHING more.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

Edited by CCollectorR
forgot info

I think you're onto a good strategy to convince at least one other person with deep pockets that the S VS S Treasury is an important 'must have.'

But next time try to avoid things like the ALL CAPS, or words like "mind boggling" because otherwise a prospective hypnotizee might misunderstand your unbiased description as containing elements that could be misconstrued as "hype." 

On October 6, 2017 at 4:47 PM, NP_Gresham said:

yep, I aint buying that book for half what it went for.

Signatures are not a value added process for most collectors. 

Agreed. Autographed books are writing on comics. Keep it. Neat as a gee whiz novelty but I wouldn't pay half what it went for either.

On 10/6/2017 at 2:24 PM, CCollectorR said:

SUPERMAN VS THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN" COMIC BOOK SIGNED BY SIEGEL, SHUSTER, SCHWARTZ & STAN LEE

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, THIS IS A HOLY GRAIL OF COMICS AND TREASURY EDITIONS DUE TO IT BEING THE ONLY COMIC SIGNED BY BOTH SUPERMAN CREATOR'S SIEGEL AND SHUSTER  AND SPIDER-MAN'S STAN LEE - CREATORS BY BOTH OF THE BIGGEST COMIC BOOK COMPANIES AND RIVALS....EVER, DC AND MARVEL!

IT WAS SOLD FOR ONLY $865.00 WHICH IS MIND BLOWING WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE GREATEST ICONS AND ARTIST HERE OF ALL TIMES (TOGEATHER).

THIS COULD AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MILLION DOLLAR BOOK BUT MOST PEOPLE NEVER KNEW ABOUT IT.

THERE IS NO OTHER IN THE WORLD - A ONE OF A KIND.

LOOK WHAT THEY VALUED THE BOOK AT (Mind Boggling).

The nubered 310/2000 was for this book offered by Marvel with just Stan Lee and Schwartz Autographs only. Superman's creators was added later when it was hand delivered to the 1976 Comic Con New York as stated in Hakes Auctions description.

Winning Bid: $865.77 (Includes 18% Buyer's Premium)
Bids: 13
Bidding Ended: Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Value Code: H/I - $200 to $700 HelpMini.gif

Item Description
Oversized 10x13.5" comic book w/stiff paper covers was jointly published by DC Comics and Marvel, ©1976. Front cover has been signed by Superman creators Jerry Siegel (1914-1996) and Joe Shuster (1914-1992) as well as Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee in blue ink. Longtime DC Comics editor Julius Schwartz (1915-2004), who was responsible for much of DC's Silver Age has signed in black felt tip pen. Small "310/2000" edition number in black ink under title, this referencing consignor responding to ad for copy of book signed by Schwartz and Lee. Upon receipt of book, it was taken to the Super Con DC '76 in New York City where consignor had Siegel and Shuster (see double-signed photo obtained at same event, item #1815) sign cover as well, likely making this a unique item. Book shows some lt. handling wear w/a few minor pinch creases to spine and cover handling. Still a VF example w/Exc. signatures. Comes with Hake's COA and JSA LOA.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

Well worth a  million bucks. 

Do you also have the Dazzler VS Capt Carrot treasury signed by Leonardo Decaprio, Ronald Reagan and Peewee Herman?

On October 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, grebal said:

I think you're onto a good strategy to convince at least one other person with deep pockets that the S VS S Treasury is an important 'must have.'

But next time try to avoid things like the ALL CAPS, or words like "mind boggling" because otherwise a prospective hypnotizee might misunderstand your unbiased description as containing elements that could be misconstrued as "hype." 

"Hypnotizee"  :roflmao:

It's a really nice book. I'd be proud to own it. The million dollar price is a tad high, and JSA is always  suspect, but I'm surprised it didn't bring four figures.

Edited by shadroch

Hold on. Somethings not right here.  Marvel didn't solicit any such book. SuperHero  Enterprise(Hero's World) solicited a book to be signed by Stan and Carmine Infantino but Carmine got fired before the book came out and he chose not to sign any, at that time. 

It is possible that Julius Schwartz signed it at the show, but the story is wrong about it coming from Marvel with the two signatures. 

The book was delivered to people who paid only signed by Stan. some got a letter explaining what happened, others just got the book.

Edit-- It seems Carmine did sign some books, up to #431, which makes this book even more suspicious as it's numbered 310. Carmines signature should be right where Julius's is. 

From GCD:

According to Overstreet, there are 5,000 numbered issues signed by Carmine Infantino and Stan Lee. Based on information gleaned from several internet postings and sales, it appears that only 2000 copies were in the signed edition. Furthermore, because Carmine Infantino was no longer editor at DC as of the end of January 1976, it appears that only a fraction of the 2000 copies were signed by him (at least from #431 up do not bear Infantino's signature). All copies were signed by Stan Lee. Overstreet's claim of the signed copies being a second printing is not supported by any data on the comics themselves.

Between the phony backstory and JSA's near worthless authentication, I wouldn't pay $50 for this book. Sorry.

Edited by shadroch