• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC prescreen. Do I go 9.8 or 9.6

2 posts in this topic

So I know this has kind of been asked many times before, but I have to ask again. I will be sending in 25 or so moderns for prescreen.  I have some variant books in there, but most are regular covers. Im keeping a lot of them but selling some. Anyone have trouble selling 9.6s slabbed for $15 if they end up 9.6s? Looking for opinions. It seems like the most Ill  lose on a 9.6 is $5 either way and any variants should at worst break even slabbed at 9.6. Plus its probably easier to sell a slabbed book. Am I correct in this or should I prescreen 9.8? Any input would be appreciated.

Oh and 2 more questions. Will CGC let me know which ones are denied before grading or after? And when do they charge on a prescreen? Before or after grading?

Edited by Konrad5288

If you break even on a graded book, don't bother. They will just take up more space in your house and be more work to pack and ship in my opinion. Your books are graded the same time as the pre-screen, so all the books are looked at at the same time. Those which pass the 9.8 will be graded, the others will be rejected and kept along with the graded ones until they get shipped back raw with your slabbed passed books.