• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is restoration worth it?

6 posts in this topic

Hey every body noob to all of this but I just bought Iron Man and Sub-Mariner at NYCC. I haven’t had it rated yet but I wanted to know if restoration was worth it? It is by no means in perfect condition but it also isn’t a rag. And I wasn’t sure if the purple label was a “dreaded” purple label. 

Thanks everyone!

C9599E94-4671-42C1-BA08-884231F79A30.jpeg

Edited by Max Vebaneta

I would copy paste this to PGM thread. Looks like about a 5.0 to me .  A press might bring it up to a 6.0 or a 7.0 without getting PLOD.  You have to weigh what you might put into the book to have it graded against what you could sell it for after in case.

So probably not a restoration but maybe a press since it does have a pretty square centered cover wrap.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W
out-with out

because of the stigma in the market, restoration is rarely cost-effective. I wouldn't even consider it for that book. And the book-length colour-breaking crease will keep the grade down in any case. You should just keep it raw and enjoy being able to flip through it. 2c

No, that book isn't worth even considering getting restored. 

Before you even think about spending money on getting a book restored, you need to educate yourself on the process, the cost and the risk and reward of doing it. 

On that particular book, you'd spend about $300 to end up with a book worth $50.