• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta and NYCC 2017: The Thread Nobody Demanded
2 2

184 posts in this topic

Voldemort

He who shall not be named... 

Steve - Cosplay

By this point you get it. 

He knew I was not taking his pic for the costume he intended. I had him google it... He got a big laugh out of it.  Whoever this guy was he was a good sport. 

IMG_0038.thumb.JPG.f42284de1a8c277262c2a20238c2811b.JPG

Okay... I will post my loot tomorrow... I need to catch some sleep... 

There was actually a lot of loot. 

I basically bought every limited Funko at the booth... almost all have sold throughout the course of the day. That Funko stuff is crazy.  I don't know if anyone wants to see anything before they ship out.   I did buy two comics and some plastic crack... but some cooler stuff this year.  I kept a Funko for myself because it was too cool to part with... 

Until later... I bid you goodnight. 

Here is a song to close out the evening.  

Edited by Buzzetta

What a great load of pictures! Thanks for sharing them Buzz. My favourite is the girl with no costume shirt. My kind of girl. Looks like you had a fun time :headbang:

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

IMG_9786.thumb.JPG.122090c19cad8959c6cbedf58ab1bab6.JPG

Since I pretty much missed Thursday, I figured I would meet up with a boardie quickly who was downtown.  Right after that since I was in the area... I went to Down the Hatch.  Best wings in the city... Same stuff as Off the Wagon and Atomic Wings... I've been going to this bar on and off since I was in college... great place... with that I also stopped to watch a couple of innings of the Yankee game... which we will not discuss any further right now.  

I used to DJ there in '12

cant really say I enjoyed it cause the "DJ booth" (for lack of better terms) is practically a closet size. I'd go out all hunched and cranky. But it does have a great vibe/crowd

Maybe I do not get the collectibility of Funkos.  I see them as the next Beanie Babies and that might not be so good.  I hope that they can sustain themselves as I do like them... 

With that said, I have no problem scalping the bejeezus out of them.   Let's crunch the numbers on how easy it is to turnover Funkos.  I split the lottery ticket with a friend.  Each Funko was $15 each.  I am only going to provide numbers on what my share of the Funko loot was. (For example, while I took the Foot Clan he received the Statue of Liberty, James Gunn and other "valuable" figures)  I wanted to get some cash for these and flip them immediately.  

Out of all the figures that I picked up, I am only keeping Golden Age Superman.  He was too cool to pass on to someone else. 

• 8 Bit 5 Member Foot Clan: SOLD on eBay for $345
  • Jaqen H'ghar: SOLD on eBay for $60
  • Green Power Ranger: Sold on eBay for $50
  • Scrooge McDuck: Sold on eBay for $25
  • Speedy Gonzales: Sold on eBay for $105
  • Superman: Keeping
  • Destro: Offered on eBay - Has not sold yet ($20)
  • Abominable Snowman: Offered on eBay - Has not sold yet ($130)

Investment into this? $180

eBay sales? $585 - eBay fees (Buyer paid shipping) (Too early to do all this math stuff) Keep in mind that if the other two sell today that is an extra $150

Point is... when we talk about the comic market's sustainability this is insane right here.  Hey.... not going to lie. I was more than happy to collect some cash.  However, these are vinyl figures manufactured to be collectible.  Maybe it is me but I am not really seeing it.  The few that I actually have I have opened with two minor exceptions.  I have the first Stan Lee NYCC figure which I kept in the box only because it was marked NYCC and I felt that was key to the presentation.  I also have a Bob Ross, Vito Coreleone and Mick Foley in the box which are minor and readily available figures... just because it's part of the presentation.  Anything else... like the Forbidden Planet robot and Spider-man that is in front of me at my desk is out of the box. 

Anyway... Here is the one I am keeping...

IMG_0069.JPG

Edited by Buzzetta
quickly fixed two errors