• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta and NYCC 2017: The Thread Nobody Demanded
2 2

184 posts in this topic

This last item was something that is not normally in my wheelhouse.  I wanted something that screamed amazing, cool, Japanese toy, but higher end...  This fit the bill.  I checked that internet thingy like I do with all my purchases at shows and Blue Fin had the best price around for a brand new copy.  Blue fin was clearing it out at $55.   Lego Spider-man included for scale. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I picked this up from Superworld Comics... 

Figured I had to pick up at least one book at NYCC... figured we would go old school this year.  As always, Superworld was easy to work with and I was able to come to a price that both Ted and I were happy with for the book.   I am very pleased to add another GA Action Comics into my collection.  The cover is also a classic in my opinion. 

IMG_0081.thumb.JPG.3f22bdfe4d9eb0d0c7a11c7412191dc0.JPG

Can't go wrong with golden age Action.  Man, I love that logo!

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay... I have a doctor's appointment and then I will come back later for some follow up commentary. 

While you're there, get him to have a quick look at your face Buzz - I think there's something wrong with it....

:baiting:buzz.PNG.b18123aa179fd0e5474ef800fbe92557.PNG :wink:

bly.PNG.4e3afc3750a2e8f073267bb0f02c5fb7.PNG

Edited by Marwood & I
I'd just like to apologise about everything.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I found this a bit disturbing. my 5 year old didn't know what to make of it.

You found it disturbing?  I looked at them point blank and asked if they arrived in a van marked "free candy" on the side.

33 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:

I really wish Mr. Buzzetta would bring back the Frank Sinatra avatar. 

+1

Frank is to Andrew as Elvis is to me.

Edited by Gotham Kid

38 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You found it disturbing?  I looked at them point blank and asked if they arrived in a van marked "free candy" on the side.

what the heck is it from or are they just twisted?  they took up half the aisle wherever they were.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, the blob said:

what the heck is it from or are they just twisted?  they took up half the aisle wherever they were.

Probably from some video game or something.  I am going to go out on a limb here and say it has something to do with a cartoon from Japan.  I find that is always the answer when I see a costume of something I am unfamiliar with. 

47 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Probably from some video game or something.  I am going to go out on a limb here and say it has something to do with a cartoon from Japan.  I find that is always the answer when I see a costume of something I am unfamiliar with. 

or something rapey and/or creepy pedophilia-ey

I wasn't there long enough on fri or saturday to get a good vibe, but were things down?  I'm a cheapie guy..zapp had his usual crowd, but katz comics went to 2 for $1 on saturday when last year they were still $1 a book on sunday and it was more active.  i was told he wanted to clear out stock, but that is pretty dramatic.  starlight was slow on saturday, and I know on sunday his booth is mad with the cheap book buyers, but he said friday was busy.  i did not hit j.s. comics (were they there?) and a few others I usually hit.

32 minutes ago, Greengiant said:

Thanks for the post. Gotta respect someone wearing a Brooklyn Dodgers hat

With their face scrambled out?

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Stop making fun of my face it is a common facial affliction...   I mean look at this poor guy. 

Image result for pixelated face

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Stop making fun of my face it is a common facial affliction...   I mean look at this poor guy. 

Image result for pixelated face

He'd look almost normal in a Brooklyn Dodgers hat....,