• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Social Media and You
3 3

38 posts in this topic

Just now, oakman29 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I might get a smartphone in about three months when my current tracphone time runs out - the only attraction is the photo taking ability.  I never graduated from 35 mm to whatever came next. :sorry: 

:roflmao: what the hell happened to beepers, you know the good ole days.

*spoon* I can't even remember the name of the cameras that took over from the 35 mm.  Oh, yeah digital - without even googling.  I know the last time I tried to get some film developed, it was like, "Dude, what rock did you crawl out from under?"  And frickin' expensive.

I would only get a smartphone for the photos and the fact that it cost about the same to add another one to the already beefy/costly plan for wife/kids. :p

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

*spoon* I can't even remember the name of the cameras that took over from the 35 mm.  Oh, yeah digital - without even googling.  I know the last time I tried to get some film developed, it was like, "Dude, what rock did you crawl out from under?"  And frickin' expensive.

I would only get a smartphone for the photos and the fact that it cost about the same to add another one to the already beefy/costly plan for wife/kids. :p

:roflmao:

8 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

There are a ton of comic artists and a ton of very skilled hand lettering artists also. Instagram can be a very inspirational place. 

This month the Inktober challenge is so hot, it's hard to keep up with all the new art being posted.

Definitely inspirational but also intimidating.  I started brushing lettering in June.  I still look like a newbie but I don't plan on ever making a living off of it.  I am doing #happyletteringchallenge this month.  Not comic related at all.  I am not really sure how to discover these challenges before the start of the month.  So I ended up missing the first day. 

I will check out Inktober but I am not on facebook or twitter.  I just do Pinterest and now Instagram.  My instagram has a big 7 posts on it.  :p

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I've never been anywhere else than here. 

My wife calls this place "facebook for nerds".

I still don't have a smart phone, just a tracphone.

:banana: I’m all about a pay as you go flip phone. I’m in front of a computer all day long, I don’t need to carry one around in my pocket. Plus I pay about $6.66 a month for my phone.

18 hours ago, shortboxed said:

+1 for Instagram. There's a very vibrant and active comic book community there, from all over the country and around the world, all with different tastes. Plus, Instagram is the perfect medium for comic books because it's all photos. You could create a comics-only account to share your obsession with others :)

Started following you.

(Sorry, no likes (tsk))

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Kodak still in business? Paul Simon's classic seems so outdated now lol ( but a great song nonetheless!)

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I belong to four forums and that's me and that's me I'm a very private person. 

I’m only on this message board.  It’s enough for me.

I had to get on instagram and now facebook for my business as an artist/maker.  It's pretty hard for me because I'm generation x, the last generation that was more like, 'wtf do you want to know about me, creep?'.  That and I hate all the Big Brother data aggregation and spying.

I feel like a stalker every time I like a photo or post of someone.

Edited by SteppinRazor

I've been collecting for most of my life and while I'll admit I would love to show my collection I never have or will, the reason is as stated above by the original poster I don't want people to know that much about me. Especially people I know that live in my neighbourhood To be frank they are ! Before I get any hate mail (lol) I've heard quite a few of them who have openly destroyed peoples lives because they believe that they are perfect, which I can assure you they are not. From malicious gossip to false accusations these people thrive in other peoples misery,  I'm not judging them unfairly as my family was judged by theses same "good citizens"  on Facebook and our homes attacked all because we shared a surname with the real culprits? So in my personal opinion Facebook can be a very evil tool.  I'm sorry for my rant but it hurt me badly.

Edited by tv horror

35 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I've been collecting for most of my life and while I'll admit I would love to show my collection I never have or will, the reason is as stated above by the original poster I don't want people to know that much about me. Especially people I know that live in my neighbourhood To be frank they are ! Before I get any hate mail (lol) I've heard quite a few of them who have openly destroyed peoples lives because they believe that they are perfect, which I can assure you they are not. From malicious gossip to false accusations these people thrive in other peoples misery,  I'm not judging them unfairly as my family was judged by theses same "good citizens"  on Facebook and our homes attacked all because we shared a surname with the real culprits? So in my personal opinion Facebook can be a very evil tool.  I'm sorry for my rant but it hurt me badly.

My mama sez, "Facebook is the Devil!"   And, she is right.

2 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

I had to get on instagram and now facebook for my business as an artist/maker.  It's pretty hard for me because I'm generation x, the last generation that was more like, 'wtf do you want to know about me, creep?'.  That and I hate all the Big Brother data aggregation and spying.

I feel like a stalker every time I like a photo or post of someone.

pervert. (tsk)

I have one account that I use as my public persona-- one that collects all my old contacts basically from throughout my life. I do not post much of anything  on there but I can use it to check out what my friends are up to. It is my original facebook account and I even went to the effort to remove everything I had posted on it so that it is nearly a blank slate.

I also created a second account-- an alias account if you will -- that allows me to post anonymously. I have added only the people who I interact with frequently - a handful of close friends and immediate family. I post there as freely as I want with no repercussions or worry that future employers might find something they don't like.

As much as you simply dismiss option 3-- I really think you would find it useful for everything. Use two different internet browser type (I use firefox and chrome) to sign in to facebook for the two different accounts. Pretty easy.

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I've been collecting for most of my life and while I'll admit I would love to show my collection I never have or will, the reason is as stated above by the original poster I don't want people to know that much about me.

I did have a Flickr account that I used to add my new acquisitions to, but managed to forget my email password and can't update it anymore.

Edited by Ken Aldred