• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic Show - Oct. 29 2017
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Random observations.

• @greggy has pledged to actually stay at the show for a whole day. Not just the morning, lifting lids.
  • RX Comics will not be there
  • If you haven't been to the show before, your best bet is to spend all your time in the main room, and then check out the Ham N Egger room later.
  • This is the last show with 2 rooms. Next year they go to 3 rooms. I imagine the 3rd room will be for people selling stamps, coins, pogs, Beanie babies and autographed pictures of @Beamer
  • Eat before you come, the food concession is weak AF
  • Me and @Thanos88 will be stunting the best deals as always.  We do not F around.  We are here to do business, not start a goddamned museum of PR to GD silver age semi-keys priced at 800% of guide.  I'm not trying to take this stuff home at the end of the day.
  • Bring cash. Hide it in your sock.
  • If you are looking to buy some crack cocaine, this neighbourhood will allow you to kill 2 birds with one stone.
  • And as always, special deals for any ladies in Zatanna cosplay.

Let's have a fun show. Let's F B's and get faded. And lets get this money.

• If you haven't been to the show before, your best bet is to spend all your time in the main room, and then check out the Ham N Egger room later.

Are you saying that the Ham N Egger room is inferior to the main room? :slapfight:  Maybe :idea: I should be the Egger and my friend as the Ham for Halloween?    

Naw... I'm in to make money, not to scare folks away.

• This is the last show with 2 rooms. Next year they go to 3 rooms. I imagine the 3rd room will be for people selling stamps, coins, pogs, Beanie babies and autographed pictures of @Beamer

I think Greggy should be the witness on autographed pictures of Beamer. So that he can doodle each picture on Beamer's face! :nyah:

anyway, the show is to be fun. I can't match Zatanna's favourite boy with his backwards amazing sales. But I hope to bring some sweet little gems at reasonable prices. 

See you there!

8 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:
  • Me and @Thanos88 will be stunting the best deals as always.  We do not F around.  We are here to do business, not start a goddamned museum of PR to GD silver age semi-keys priced at 800% of guide.  

but that is 'retail' sticker price in preparation for Calgary Expo. Make sure Thanos88 sells enough to cover a SA GL #59 in raw 9.0 from me. Feb, 2018 3 room con already sold out so save some $$ for pogs, Star Wars/Trek toys, action figures, graphic novels, overstocked $1 bins. <3

On 2017-10-20 at 1:20 PM, aardvark88 said:

fyi. artist/creator Steve Skroce will be signing new Image 'Maestros' #1 on Wed. Oct 25, 2017 from noon to 2 p.m. at Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver. :news:

Unfortunately...I would be stuck in work on that day.  :tonofbricks:

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

...I would be stuck in work on that day.  :tonofbricks:

I will be at work too but I am constantly surprised at how many collectors run down to Golden Age Collectables btwn 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (lunch break) to pick up their new releases each Wed. fyi, Stv Skroce and other artist/creators will be at Van Fan Expo per new glossy brochure:

2kFKo87.jpg

8 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I will be at work too but I am constantly surprised at how many collectors run down to Golden Age Collectables btwn 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (lunch break) to pick up their new releases each Wed. fyi, Stv Skroce and other artist/creators will be at Van Fan Expo per new glossy brochure:

2kFKo87.jpg

The collectors still do that to pick up their new books? Good to know that the Ritual still thrive. In my time years ago, I would zip from my school to catch bus to the old comic shop to pick up my new books the day they arrive. 

Hmm... the comic guest list is looking good for Fan Expo here. 

15 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

the comic guest list is looking good for Fan Expo here. 

+1.

Lots of weekly :baiting:Vancouver area comicons leading up Van Fan Expo:

Sun. Oct 15/17 Cherry Bomb comicon, Victoria, BC expanding to 2.5 day Capital City Comic Con March, 2018 per http://victoriabuzz.com/2017/10/capital-city-comic-con/

Sat. Oct 21, 2017 Bellingham comicon, WA, USA

Sunday Oct 29, 2017 Vancouver Comic Show, Croatian Cultural Ctr, Vancouver, BC.

Sunday Nov 5, 2017 HH Con, East Vancouver, BC.

28 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Thanks to global warming(?), Vancouver has blue skies and calm weather this weekend of the Vancouver Comic and Toy Show. Their website has been updated with more independent press guests and Voldemort Grading Company.

6tPKSKh.jpg

Whoa, a sunny day in Vancouver , that's  amazing.

On October 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM, aardvark88 said:

Flatliner and Thanos88, please do not disturb greggy when he is napping at your Van Comic Show :baiting: booth and you have to bounce off his awesomeness to access your petty cash box. Love the trilingual signage in Hong-couver:

zPaBdje.jpg

That is the worst translation I have ever seen!

2 hours ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

Who's selling at this show tomorrow? :popcorn:

The usual suspects like Fan Boy and sidekick, Thanos88 and Flatliner1313 with allegedly the finest $1 boxes of overstock, aardvark88 with usual assortment of mixed silver Marvel and DC (GL #59 , Flash 139 Zoom), coverless GA, some pre-code raw Horror, 1970s bronze Marvel mags/DC, semi-hot Rick and Morty's. greggy does not sell locally; he just likes to horde. :acclaim:The team from Victoria, BC like Jigglypig Chad, eegabeeva. Anthill Nels, Wiser's warehouse, :nyah: Rob S., and Bob K. from the suburbs.