• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favorite Spider-Man artist?
3 3

Who was favorite Spider-Man artist?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite Spider-Man artist?

• Steve Ditko
    • John Romita Sr.
    • Mark Bagley
    • Ross Andru
    • Todd McFarlane
    • Ron Frenz
    • John Romita Jr.
    • Huberto Ramos
    • Marcos Martin
    • Erik Larsen

193 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

That's because one is an artist & craftsman, while the other is a celebrity.  :smile:
Nowadays, celebrity rules.

It does, yes.

And it can't draw. 

3 minutes ago, WayToGo said:

If you like that kind of stuff. For me, it ruined the title. My ASM collection stops at #51 and restarts at # 89, and I have no desire to buy the missing issues.

what dont you like about romita?

4 minutes ago, WayToGo said:

If you like that kind of stuff. For me, it ruined the title. My ASM collection stops at #51 and restarts at # 89, and I have no desire to buy the missing issues.

55094924_giphy(1).gif.8402ca61ae05e21604999fa51909943d.gif

10 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Since Venom has just become a huge hit at the box office.

Let's give Mark Bagley some love with one of his most famous Venom related covers.

13904_20051129152608_large.jpg

His interior artwork for this storyline is very patchy.  He puts a lot of effort into drawing the symbiote detail in Carnage, but otherwise it's quite basic at this stage in his career.  Decent enough cover, though.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Reviewers are completely knee jerk and predictable in their reviews.  If all you know about a movie is that it is about a suicide bomber who has a sad life, you can say with 100% certainty that reviewers will love it.  Likewise if it's about how evil racism is.  Audience is more unpredictable-a movie has to actually be good, for them to like it.

6 hours ago, kav said:

Reviewers are completely knee jerk and predictable in their reviews.  If all you know about a movie is that it is about a suicide bomber who has a sad life, you can say with 100% certainty that reviewers will love it.  Likewise if it's about how evil racism is.  Audience is more unpredictable-a movie has to actually be good, for them to like it.

So true ... you have to know and trust your reviewers ...

back when Siskel and Ebert were doing their show i could never trust Ebert ,.. he would give thumbs up to everything ,, Siskel was much more critical of movies 

i trusted his opinion ,.. i miss Siskel

Image result for siskel and ebert

Edited by 1950's war comics