• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favorite Spider-Man artist?
3 3

Who was favorite Spider-Man artist?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite Spider-Man artist?

• Steve Ditko
    • John Romita Sr.
    • Mark Bagley
    • Ross Andru
    • Todd McFarlane
    • Ron Frenz
    • John Romita Jr.
    • Huberto Ramos
    • Marcos Martin
    • Erik Larsen

193 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

Did he EVER draw parker not looking goofy AF?  Once not slingblade type guy?

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 12.38.33 PM.png

And whilst he does indeed look goofy in each picture, he also looks like a completely different person in each picture. How many goofy looking people are there impersonating Parker in McFawful land?

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

And whilst he does indeed look goofy in each picture, he also looks like a completely different person in each picture. How many goofy looking people are there impersonating Parker in McFawful land?

most artists draw the same faces over and over-he wasnt even capable of that, like a child with crayons.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

most artists draw the same faces over and over-he wasnt even capable of that, like a child with crayons.

Yes. Now take Sal, he knew a thing about consistency. You know what I mean don't you. Spitty mouth Sal. ...

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Yes. Now take Sal, he knew a thing about consistency. You know what I mean don't you. Spitty mouth Sal. ...

Gape-mouth Sal, I call him.

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 2.23.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 2.25.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 2.25.51 PM.png

16 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Where is Gil kane? He drew some classics.

None of these guys should be on that list and not Gil Kane:

Mark Bagley

Todd McFarlane

Ron Frenz

John Romita Jr.

Humberto Ramos

Marcos Martin

Erik Larsen

2 hours ago, kav said:

Gape-mouth Sal, I call him.

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 2.23.53 PM.png

Perhaps influenced Rob Liefeld's numerous shouty expressions in his artwork, although, of course, I prefer Buscema.

One problem I have with McFarlane and Liefeld's art is that the eyes very often look misplaced or the faces too flattened, almost as if they didn't learn how to draw human heads competently.  I did like McFarlane's art initially, but eventually this stylistic tendency started to annoy me.

13 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

One problem I have with McFarlane and Liefeld's art is that the eyes very often look misplaced or the faces too flattened, almost as if they didn't learn how to draw human heads competently.  I did like McFarlane's art initially, but eventually this stylistic tendency started to annoy me.

they didn't lern how to draw human heads competently.  Or bodies.  Or feet.  Or hair. Or clothes.  Or-

Edited by kav

19 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

yeah, I see that I guess. (teasing now...here it comes) And Kirby's fingers are square. But Todd brought the energy just like Jack.

(It was tough for Jack to draw all that awesome stuff with square fingers but somehow he managed quite well.)

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

yeah, I see that I guess. (teasing now...here it comes) And Kirby's fingers are square. But Todd brought the energy just like Jack.

(It was tough for Jack to draw all that awesome stuff with square fingers but somehow he managed quite well.)

The difference is Kirby was being stylized-McFarlame was actually trying his best to draw good-

10 minutes ago, tv horror said:

No one can deny that Jazzy John created the image of the Peter Parker we all know and love, yes Ditko had drawn him as the awkward teenager but it was Romita who matured the character. He will always be the number 1 Spider-man artist even though Ditko rules supreme. 

images (1).jpg

stroke of genius having romance comic artist draw the superhero comic with strong romance angle!