• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you tell if the original TMNT books are first prints and not counterfeits?
1 1

46 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Drove 12 hours on Friday to get these books...and it was worth it. The TMNT 1 is signed and sketched by Eastman/Laird and every book here is double signed.

59e2bfd1830a6_tmnt(1).thumb.jpg.ea6f1ac9fa7a5df4a19c8fe97aa4de3e.jpg

59e2bfd6ca7f7_tmnt(3).thumb.jpg.5122f473323e65b9e11e340d5273a383.jpg

59e2bfd4c1c38_tmnt(2).thumb.JPG.a178792d8141cedf4fc28bf2edb74953.JPG

2 #1's? Are they both first prints.

Couple of questions about grading the #1 1st print:

Do I need to pay for the magazine tier since they are oversized or is it still considered a comic? Do I need to request a blue label because of the sigs? I'm guessing the blue label is going to be the way to go here. I don't get many books graded as you can see.

7 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Couple of questions about grading the #1 1st print:

Do I need to pay for the magazine tier since they are oversized or is it still considered a comic? Do I need to request a blue label because of the sigs? I'm guessing the blue label is going to be the way to go here. I don't get many books graded as you can see.

Good questions.  Yes, they are magazine sized so you need to go with that tier.  You'll have to pay for Walk-thru service since the value will be most likely more than $1000.

Signatures on the interior, where they originally signed them back in the 80's generally will be a blue label. 

Edited by GM8

On 10/18/2017 at 8:50 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Thanks man, I submitted the #1 first print to CCS for pressing then off to CGC so I am hoping for good results! 

Wouldn't be surprised if it grades out as a 7.0

11 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

5a28846ae29f1_TMNT1(5).thumb.JPG.1ec0415f06b91debbddee24fdd77128e.JPG

CCS did a hell of a press job on this book, very happy with the results, also what's up with the old style label? 

Because it is magazine size they put it in a magazine case, which looks and is the same as the old one. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM