• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most 'different' copies you have of the same comic?

73 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, Hudson said:

Does this count???  If so, I have another one that is not in this photo (purchased after that photo was taken).

Various Country 247.JPG

Not technically the same comic, but the same cover image so I'm happy to see them here @Hudson :bigsmile:

If anyone else is watching, show us any multiples of the same cover image too. They're cool. I'm still winning on 6 though (thumbsu

On 14/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, wormboy said:

Cool idea for a thread! You've set the bar really high with six versions! I can't beat that, but here are a few (I'm including pedigrees as "different" copies :whistle:).

Daredevil 168: Graham Nash Collection, Manitoba, Don & Maggie, Western Penn and double cover.

Thanks @wormboy ! I've saved your comment to last (I didn't realise so many people had posted here!) because your sets there are FANTASTIC! I think we're kindred spirits wormboy - the love of multiples and variations. And you like your Whitmans too! What a splendid fellow you must be, with a splendid collection. Post more of it my friend, post more :headbang:

56 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Not technically the same comic, but the same cover image so I'm happy to see them here @Hudson :bigsmile:

If anyone else is watching, show us any multiples of the same cover image too. They're cool. I'm still winning on 6 though (thumbsu

You are correct, these are not really the same comic (different interior, etc).

What are you accepting as "differences"?  For example, I have books with clearly different shades of color (not just fading, but clearly printed in different shades). 

49 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Thanks @wormboy ! I've saved your comment to last (I didn't realise so many people had posted here!) because your sets there are FANTASTIC! I think we're kindred spirits wormboy - the love of multiples and variations. And you like your Whitmans too! What a splendid fellow you must be, with a splendid collection. Post more of it my friend, post more :headbang:

Thanks Marwood & I! Yes, we definitely have similar collecting tastes! There are a few of us wackos out there lol Thanks for the nice words.

Here are a couple more. I thought I'd switch it up and post a few oddball items.

Elektra Lives Again HC: Graphitti signed edition, Regular first edition, Second Printing.

IMG_2553.thumb.jpg.1b9daa507f3eed8b7d263f2dfaace0b6.jpg

Just now, Hudson said:

You are correct, these are not really the same comic (different interior, etc).

What are you accepting as "differences"?  For example, I have books with clearly different shades of color (not just fading, but clearly printed in different shades). 

Anything. Let's see them @Hudson 

Just now, wormboy said:

Thanks Marwood & I! Yes, we definitely have similar collecting tastes! There are a few of us wackos out there lol Thanks for the nice words.

Here are a couple more. I thought I'd switch it up and post a few oddball items.

Elektra Lives Again HC: Graphitti signed edition, Regular first edition, Second Printing.

IMG_2553.thumb.jpg.1b9daa507f3eed8b7d263f2dfaace0b6.jpg

Elektra lives again! And again!! And again!!!

2 minutes ago, wormboy said:

The Untold Legend of the Batman paperback: Three different versions. 

IMG_2554.thumb.jpg.50e14576e8f170bee1c5d98f79ec817a.jpgIMG_2556.thumb.jpg.95488c9201998b067ce746b8c6d671aa.jpg

I've run out of likes! I've a feeling you're going to keep this thread going for some time @wormboy, well done mate. I'm still winning on six copies of the same book though! Come on!

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

I've run out of likes! I've a feeling you're going to keep this thread going for some time @wormboy, well done mate. I'm still winning on six copies of the same book though! Come on!

lol  I can't beat six! I think you will rule the roost unless someone else surprises us.

11 hours ago, wormboy said:

Wow. Outstanding. That has to be the comic book cover with the most versions in existence, no?

The ASM 666 I mentioned at the start of the thread probably wins the day at 144 'official' versions, but I love to see any pile of similar books, so keep posting (thumbsu

666.thumb.PNG.fa7dbe2b0cb9add5b18ca78ddd6ef297.PNG

My Superman: Man of Steel 18 CGC 9.8 collection:

1st Print Newsstand, 1st Print Direct, 2nd Print, 3rd Print, 4th Print - just need a 5th print to complete the run (although the 5th print was printed some two years later - so I kind of consider this a complete set :) That and the 4th and 5th print are "rare" and quite "expensive" compared to the other versions)

59e676ce68e08_MOS18Printings.thumb.jpg.e0ae70a3b62459d0dd5cf82579ab1d2c.jpg

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Spot the difference Competition:

59e661239f81c_UMTU2VE.thumb.jpg.bf2856bea25d155b04e97f612347889a.jpg 59e66126cb75b_UMTU2VE3.thumb.jpg.5af7703c8cda2926e2eb58daa312909d.jpg

hm

Part one of two i see ;)

I would point out the giant "2" in the upper right corner and the giant "1" in the other upper right corner, but yeah, there's also some tiny writing differences. lol