• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, greggy said:

The only people who overpay are the ones that pay unrestored prices for your restored junk.

@Flatliner1313

:flamed:Insider joke or is this a battle forming?

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, Artboy99 said:

in the 1970's you could send away to become a member of FOOM which was Friends Of Ol' Marvel. You could obtain magazines, stationary, posters and all sorts of goodies. 

Greggy tried to join in the '70's but they never would let him become a member.

So he started his own club in the '90's and called it Friends Of Ol' Leifeld. 

It wasn't until he printed up the stationary that he realized his mistake.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, thehumantorch said:

There's nothing like walking into a room of comics for sale and starting to dig.  Here I am digging.

13.jpg

Does he have any of the signed and numbered Schomburg prints that were from that convention?  I have two of those show books, one  signed by Steranko, Royer, Chaykin, and a few others. Also have the signed Schomburg print.  What a great find, Dave!  Let me know if you find any Dave Cockrum prints or if that FOOM 10 is for sale. 

10 minutes ago, spreads said:

Almost all this stuff is very niche, I wouldn't know how to value it.

ebay search.  Some of it I can't find.  Some I just guess what the market will support.  Fair number of items have the original price tag and I go with it.  There's a lot of $25 to $75 original stickers on this stuff.  

To be honest we didn't know if we should buy this collection, even though we loved it.  We didn't know how all this oddball stuff would sell, how quickly, and for how much.  Other than the Foom and MMMS stuff and some odds and ends we didn't see any easy to sell items.  Tossed 20 boxes under our booth at the Calgary Expo, all unpriced,  hoping for a reasonable number of sales.  And then it was mayhem, guys digging through the boxes, asking to  dig through our van - I took greggy out there and I was bent over in the van moving boxes and showing him stuff while he relaxed outside and he had the nerve to tell me he was getting hot  lol - making piles for us to price.  The forth day of the show we figure we broke even on our purchase.  Yes, a lot of the neat stuff and easiest to sell stuff went but we kept some for ourselves, we sent off some spectacular looking copies of Foom to CGC via joeypost and we still have 100 boxes to pick up and I'd imagine we'll find some more treasures.  This will work out to be a spectacular buy.