• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2018 at 2:35 PM, thehumantorch said:

Anyone know what these stickers are, when they were made?

BD2F660F-08CA-4506-94C4-848CF09C01DD.jpeg

These go with the carrying case for the Super Powers action figures. The stickers represent the first wave of figures from 1984.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

4 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

These go with the carrying case for the Super Powers action figures. The stickers represent the first wave of figures from 1984.

Thanks Chip!

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cool Batman silhouette. 

Frank Miller Batman!!!!!

we setup at a one day comic show and brought "some" of the new collection.

We brought some of the fanzines and programs (4 boxes of them) and a bunch of the books. 

Fanzines we only sold a few (definitely the wrong crowd) but we did sell quite a few of the books.

Some we laid flat on the table, the rest we left in the boxes and we put them under the tables.

Overall it was a slow show likely due to nice weather and all the road construction surrounding the venue. We are glad we brought the hardcovers as they accounted for about half of our sales.

My favorite moment was I found something in  sealed package called a Marvel Vault that caught my eye so I took it out of a box and placed it on top of our boxes as I wanted to look at it but I went to put more signs up on boxes as the show was going to open soon. While my back was turned Dave had sold it to another vendor. Now sold I asked the new owner if I could look inside and found a wonderful book that contains a whole lot of Marvel history including a section on Marvel Value Stamps! Those of you that don't know I am  fanatical collector of MVS: I have all the comics with stamps, full booklets and even an unfilled stamp booklet signed by Stan Lee. Had I had a chance to look that Marvel Vault would have been claimed. I am happy to learn that it is a common item on Ebay.

20180602_100937.jpg

20180602_100950.jpg

20180602_101005.jpg

20180602_101011.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

we had a fellow board member ask if we had any Mediascene Previews. We had the full run so he asked us to bring it. While going through them I was thankful to find we had 2 of this one which has been added to my Conan collection.

20180603_112022.jpg