• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

We allowed to inquire about anything being posted, or is this just to keep us all perpetually drooling? :bigsmile:

Don't ask for anything Conan related :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

Don't ask for anything Conan related :tonofbricks:

:cloud9:

There are a few Conan related items I didn't scoop up. I either had them already, or for whatever reason I did not want them, but yeah I resemble that.

Edited by Artboy99

Just now, Artboy99 said:

is several Bettie Page items and they are quite nice. The Dave Stevens Zippo lighter as an example.

If Dave would ever get back to me with a price, I would have had all of these already but he has gone MIA

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

If Dave would ever get back to me with a price,

He has to go and look up the last four years of GPA data and high ball you.

15 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

is several Bettie Page items and they are quite nice. The Dave Stevens Zippo lighter as an example.

I was actually talking about The Betty Pages mags/zines. I used to have all of them once upon a time, just haven't gotten around to buying them back.

I've got the Zippos, they are swell!

5 hours ago, greggy said:

If Dave would ever get back to me with a price, I would have had all of these already but he has gone MIA

I'm waiting for a price, too.

we apologize you guys for our "slow" replies but we never intended our thread to be a sales thread. We do encourage PMs and ask you to be patient. 

Dave is working on completing the request of the first customer who is a contact given to us by the person who sold us the collection. It is a very big list and looking through all of the boxes is time consuming.

Myself I work a full time job so when I get home from work after I eat dinner I am going through boxes and pricing stuff as I go and I am posting images.

I also do art commission work on the side so I do have to focus time there.

We will get back to you with price quotes/ shipping quotes.

Thanks all :foryou:

On 6/6/2018 at 12:47 AM, NoMan said:

Did this guy go to all these conventions or just collect programs? Or both?

Everything he bought was related to an artist he collected, most notably Steranko but also Gulacy, Stevens, Boris, and a bit of Jack Kirby

If Steranko attended a convention, was mentioned in a fanzine or magazine, etc, this guy bought it.  If his art was on a card, tshirt, book cover, toy, he bought it.   There are tons of price guides, books, other research materials with bookmarks at spots that mention Steranko and I'd imagine he used those to track down everything Steranko related.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

by Crom clearly I have a form of addiction!

Mitra give me strength!