• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I think there was almost a short box of them.  I tossed a couple of the duplicates into inventory and the rest are somewhere in my basement.  Coming to Calgary Expo next year?

Hmm.... I’m not sure about that, as my 2019 plans are to go to ECCC and Baltimore, and also possibly Kelowna Expo. If I can get cheap airfare to Calgary, I might do for couple days. 

On 7/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, Artboy99 said:

I don't know! I have tried to figure it out. I assume something from the Strange Tales books 179-181. I own those books but they are in some box in Dave's garage at the moment. :P

***As that is Moondragon Thanos is having his "mind war" with, I think it may be from Avengers 125 or the Avengers annual 7. Anyone know?

1528595773471848310063.jpg.595c8b7a85d83f6509f749917be67f36.jpg

Captain Marvel #31 as it says at the bottom of the page

image.jpeg

Edited by Gnasher

On 5/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just out of curiosity. I have been reading this thread from the beginning. In a year and half are you still processing the collection? How much have you sold and how much do you still have to
go thru if you don't mind me asking. It gives me some idea if I run across a collection that size how the time scope would be.

Just to get back to this question after owning this collection for 7 months.

We put it into a storage locker.  Started to try and reduce the collection.  Storage locker was free the first month and $240 per month after that so our goal was to be out of the locker within 2 months - something we did manage.

Sold about 15 boxes of books to a local comic store that's expanded into second hand books.  Generally these were paperbacks and less interesting hardcovers.  He didn't pay us much but we wanted to reduce the size of this collection and we knew nothing in these boxes would go to any shows in the predictable future and had little value selling online.

The owner of the collection gave me a small list of items and contact info for a collector who wanted those items.  We were reasonable on values for those items so he asked for more and bought 3 large boxes of items, at least 500 items.

Moved most of it into my basement and garage and we've looked through everything.  There's many copies of a lot of items and it will take years to sell it off.   I'd guess we've added about 10 boxes of comics, fanzines and magazines to show inventory.

We like to sell at shows but we've decided a lot of items won't sell well there and will likely list them on ebay.  This collection would have been a slam dunk for an ebay seller with lots of time as there are thousands of unusual items worth $20 to $100.

Overall I'd guess we've sold about 15% to 20% of the collection so far.