• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2018 at 9:58 PM, Artboy99 said:

1525226268753735481967.jpg

How much do these tend to go for? And is there a range of years that they were made, or has it just been continuous (I can only seem to find '75-'82, then '86, then more recent years, doing a quick search online...)? I have the ones for 1976 and 1977, though I can't recall where I picked them up from, but I've thought about trying to make them a set...

19 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

5FE8209E-2458-486C-8829-21189E56253C.jpeg

Elric! I really need to get around to picking up the Elric/Moorcock books...somehow, I skipped the "get the comics" stage here and just went from a near-complete set of Moorcock novels to a few pieces of Elric/Corum OA...

21 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

How much do these tend to go for? And is there a range of years that they were made, or has it just been continuous (I can only seem to find '75-'82, then '86, then more recent years, doing a quick search online...)? I have the ones for 1976 and 1977, though I can't recall where I picked them up from, but I've thought about trying to make them a set...

Sold quickly for $20 to $80.  Older years and better image calendars sell for the most.  I’d imagine they did these every year 

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sold quickly for $20 to $80.  Older years and better image calendars sell for the most.  I’d imagine they did these every year 

Hmm...good to know. Thanks!

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

BE2F77C5-D82E-4CE6-AB7F-CCDC2F5F6886.jpeg

E61DB1BA-C87E-4A61-B0C7-695187503C6D.jpeg

This stuff looks current, I was referring to the original Visions Mag (bob burden) stuff...I think it goes up to issue 9 or so but I never see any of the late books of that run.

54 minutes ago, spreads said:

This stuff looks current, I was referring to the original Visions Mag (bob burden) stuff...I think it goes up to issue 9 or so but I never see any of the late books of that run.

Will have to check.  If any of the issues related to Steranko in any way they will be in the collection.

:applause:  I love this thread Dave.   It's comic collecting history happening right now. 

If TBG was still being published, they would do an article on this and interview you and Karl and ......   everyone involved.  

Edited by Senormac
cuz i forgot

On 5/3/2018 at 12:54 PM, Cocomonkey said:

I have the same ones (1976 & 1977) and iirc I had to buy them through Marvel via mail order.

I think the first one came out in 1975 -- at least that is the earliest I know of...

709d5dd275e07bea254e97c7f038c386.jpg

calendar.jpg

Edited by 01TheDude

Fantastic collection. I have always desired owning a copy of "Steranko on Cards". If there is one here please keep me in mind. I have thought about this book for many many years and if anyone has one it would be this OO!

Edited by Bird
HA! 1 on ebay now, but I'd rather have yours if you have one.

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

Fantastic collection. I have always desired owning a copy of "Steranko on Cards". If there is one here please keep me in mind. I have thought about this book for many many years and if anyone has one it would be this OO!

I believe there's 5 copies and I believe a first print sold.

On 02/05/2018 at 11:53 AM, Artboy99 said:

1525223203881810810429.thumb.jpg.21254157ebfbeeea107eca95b852d876.jpg

Stilt-Man's ancestor?