• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, kav said:

That black panther has really risen in value-I stocked up on them while people were still distracted by FF 52!

This collection had two raw FF 52s in it, and 6 or 7 (can't remember as I sold some) FF 53s including a graded copy (7.5). The reason - the owner felt it was undervalued and would gain more in value than FF 52 over time.

Edited by kimik

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Dave and Karl - care to post any of the books you picked up in the new collection you recently snagged?

Haven't taken any pics and while we're happy to get it, it's not a particularly noteworthy collection.  Three short boxes.  Off the top of my head there's 4 Spider-man 252 cnd variant and 316 and 298 and 299 and 361, DC Presents 26,  New Teen Titans 2, Watchmen 1, Usagi 1 X 3, run of Marvel Star Wars, New Mutants 26, 4 Thor 337 cnd variant, Killing Joke, 2 runs of Dark knight, Spectacular Spider-man 64, etc.  Mostly Copper Age.  He didn't bag and board all of it so condition is hit and miss.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Haven't taken any pics and while we're happy to get it, it's not a particularly noteworthy collection.  Three short boxes.  Off the top of my head there's 4 Spider-man 252 cnd variant and 316 and 298 and 299 and 361, DC Presents 26,  New Teen Titans 2, Watchmen 1, Usagi 1 X 3, run of Marvel Star Wars, New Mutants 26, 4 Thor 337 cnd variant, Killing Joke, 2 runs of Dark knight, Spectacular Spider-man 64, etc.  Mostly Copper Age.  He didn't bag and board all of it so condition is hit and miss.

what he said. We met for breakfast ( thanks for buying ) and determined what to submit to CGC. I spent the afternoon packing it up

4 hours ago, Pirate said:

If you're already in Canada aren't the American versions the variants?

:whatthe:

I'm sitting on a goldmine of American variants!

Edited by F For Fake

Lovely books Kimik

We have sent in some books from our Steranko collection for grading.  Results so far:

Foom #1 9.8
Foom #2 9.8
Foom #10 8.5
Adventures of Pussycat #1 9.2
Gothic Romances #1 9.2
Comic Reader 179 Stan Lee April Fools death cover 9.8

What did I miss Karl?  @Artboy99

35 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Lovely books Kimik

We have sent in some books from our Steranko collection for grading.  Results so far:

Foom #1 9.8
Foom #2 9.8
Foom #10 8.5
Adventures of Pussycat #1 9.2
Gothic Romances #1 9.2
Comic Reader 179 Stan Lee April Fools death cover 9.8

What did I miss Karl?  @Artboy99

Foom 3 9.8

Foom 10 was 9.2