• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mayor006 said:

Curious what was in the Dave Stevens portion of the collection.... I know this is going to be me some day soon, but for now I'm still giddy about when other people sell off collections.

You should probably ask @artboy99 as he looked at that portion of the collection and I got buried in the MMMS section and poster section.

My mind is boggled at the thought of even making an offer to this guy ?  How does one do that ?  How does one see a bunch of old cool stuff and figure out a price for it all ??  

No need to answer Dave......    I just have no idea about comic collection negotiations for large collections

Just now, Senormac said:

My mind is boggled at the thought of even making an offer to this guy ?  How does one do that ?  How does one see a bunch of old cool stuff and figure out a price for it all ??  

No need to answer Dave......    I just have no idea about comic collection negotiations for large collections

It ain't easy.  Try to tally up the books of value and then come up with an estimate per box for the rest. 

And if he's dragged it up from the basement and he's stacked it by the front door that's a good sign.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:
4 minutes ago, Senormac said:

It ain't easy.  Try to tally up the books of value and then come up with an estimate per box for the rest. 

And if he's dragged it up from the basement and he's stacked it by the front door that's a good sign.

Well, if you land it.... and I hope you and Karl (and whoever your group is) do.......  I will be interested in a few items (like that BWS button).  I bet you will sell most of it on these boards !! 

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

You should probably ask @artboy99 as he looked at that portion of the collection and I got buried in the MMMS section and poster section.

I only saw the comics. it is all there. the comics all had a curve to them because of storage issues. 

11 hours ago, Mayor006 said:

Curious what was in the Dave Stevens portion of the collection.... I know this is going to be me some day soon, but for now I'm still giddy about when other people sell off collections.

Same, give us the Dave goodness!

23 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

He had a lot of posters and prints.  100s.  I gotta admit, it was a lot of fun to look at them, who wouldn't want a couple framed and on their wall?   We only had time to look at one portfolio and he had another 50 portfolios stacked up.

poster1.jpg

I loved this poster, such nice shape and the color on it for a 1970 poster.

I also liked the uncut Steranko art card sheet at the bottom of the pile.

31 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

A wad of cash can be a strong motivator.

As a buyer we have to be careful to accurately assess the value and not get emotional.  It's a cool old school collection but there's lots of stuff with little value.  Boxes of paperback books with Steranko covers, soft cover trades, odd magazines, comic buyer guides from the 1990, low demand modern comics, etc.

On 2017-10-11 at 11:01 AM, thehumantorch said:

Here's the main room of comics.  Our buddy Kody came down with us and is posing in the pic, he just joined the boards and while he's been poking around here he still hasn't made a post.

14.jpg

That was a fun collection to look at for sure!! Appreciate you letting me join guys!! Some awesome things to see there!! 

59 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:
2 hours ago, KillingJoke33 said:

That was a fun collection to look at for sure!! Appreciate you letting me join guys!! Some awesome things to see there!! 

Your first post!!  Our baby has  become a man :wishluck:

Whoa!  Is that legal in Canada?  :eek: