• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Dark Nights Metal # 3 Printing Error?

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

In our shipment of Metal 3 this week we received one copy of what was supposed to be the embossed Metal version...without the embossing. It's just white. I know it's kind of hard to tell bet look at the comparrison of the regular embossed on the left, to the error on the right. Just one of these in our shipment. Wondering if anyone else has come across any of these like this??? 

IMG_6582.JPG

7 hours ago, deadleg said:

Here we go again with DC manufacturing "printing errors" to sell books again. 

Iirc, DC replaces books with printing errors free of charge so doing that deliberately just costs them money. I'm curious, where are DC's foil covers being printed? China?

22 hours ago, Lockford88 said:

Well I haven't seen or heard of any others yet...not to say they don't exist. Could just be one weird error that nobody will care about. Was hoping to hear of a few others at least but so far, nada. 

I've seen another in another board. Unless this is the same one.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:10 PM, deadleg said:

Here we go again with DC manufacturing "printing errors" to sell books again. 

How exactly does this push book sales for DC when these books were already ordered by stores before any defects were known? Furthermore what guarantee is there that any future shipments of this book would have defective copies? Or that these defective copies are printed at a rate that would give a retailer a realistic chance of receiving them while at the same time counting on a secondary market for this error to not only form but to maintain itself?