• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Grief! It's Peanuts...

59 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Senormac said:

:applause: 

I just finished reading a hardbound book I've owned since 1971 called Peanuts Treasury.  It took me a week to finish, and while reading it, I was inspired to read up on Charles Schultz, and one of the things I found out was that there is a Schultz museum just north of San Fran.   I'm thinking a road trip is now  in order :) 

It is in Santa Rosa.  I live in SF and still haven't been.  I really hope it does not burn down before I do.

IMG_1089.JPG.ef6b168ddb7c64826698e683a9d7ad22.JPG

Original art for a handful of unpublished Li’l Folks comic strips, spring 1950. Earlier versions ran on Sept. 19, 1948, top left, June 13, 1948, top right, and Nov. 28, 1948, bottom.

IMG_1090.thumb.JPG.66d7734a0dd2c8bf402b0c0b914f89c3.JPG

Subscriber promotional ads for launch of Peanuts Sunday comics, which made their debut on Jan. 6, 1952.

IMG_1091.thumb.JPG.55c2ac16bc805f729db097bc0e18a29e.JPG

Proof sheet for one of the first three Peanuts daily newspaper strips, Oct. 2–4, 1950.

Great thread. Thanks @N e r V for starting it. 

Peanuts is my true love.  Nothing meant as much to me growing up as reading those Treasuries. 

I wish I still had all my Schulz OA. Have very little now. 

These first Peanuts figurines from Hungerford are some of my favorite Peanuts collectibles and the Lego bobbleheads. 

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

11 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Great thread. Thanks @N e r V for starting it. 

Peanuts is my true love.  Nothing meant as much to me growing up as reading those Treasuries. 

I wish I still had all my Schulz OA. Have very little now. 

These first Peanuts figurines from Hungerford are some of my favorite Peanuts collectibles and the Lego bobbleheads. 

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

Same here. I can watch those original Peanuts specials and I'm right back in my childhood. Maybe the original Scooby Doo and a handful of others can do that.

I love Peanuts and watched the specials each year as a kid.  But last Christmas my wife and I tried to watch the Christmas special, which for some reason we had never shown our kids when they were little, and were barely able to make it to the end.  :sorry:

39 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I love Peanuts and watched the specials each year as a kid.  But last Christmas my wife and I tried to watch the Christmas special, which for some reason we had never shown our kids when they were little, and were barely able to make it to the end.  :sorry:

IMG_1092.thumb.JPG.47cb843328f3494dcdd9cbe921a9f633.JPG

4 minutes ago, AJD said:

OK, it's a silver age book, but close enough. I have all of the Dells Peanuts, and they never cease to make me smile. (I can post them here if you collectively want.)

Peanuts_01_FC_878.thumb.JPG.d16a4a9342300fedba0202a404bb9f41.JPG

Yes. (thumbsu