• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did DC stop making newsstand comic books??

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if DC stopped making newsstand issues?   The last ones I saw were Batman 29, Superman 29, Detective 862, and Action 985.    I checked several Barnes and Noble stores,  and the last ones to hit their newsstand came out on 22 Aug 2017.   Also a friend of mine says a newsstand in NYC stopped carrying newsstand comics recently.    I'm wondering if DC threw in the towel and stopped making them.    If they will no longer appear on newsstands, that signifies the end of an era.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

I was at Books A Million the other day and there were no newsstand D.C. Comics either...

Thanks for chiming in.  I didn't realize Books A Million carried newsstand issues..... I thought they sold Direct Sales issues like 2nd and Charles does now.

9 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Thanks for chiming in.  I didn't realize Books A Million carried newsstand issues..... I thought they sold Direct Sales issues like 2nd and Charles does now.

They do, but they also had D.C. Newsstands as recent as last month. When I was in there on Tuesday, only direct edition. So, I guess they're done, now... they may still have like the Scooby Doo newsstands, but it seems like no more with the main titles.