• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee's LA Comic Con - Oct 27-29, 2017

14 posts in this topic

Didn't see a thread for this! http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/

Who's going? I'll be there!

Anyone know which dealers will be there? Not listed on the site. 

Some of the creators attending: Stan Lee, Ron Liefeld, Marc Silvestri, Greg Capullo, Mark Bagley, Tom King, Neal Adams, James Tynion, Jae Lee, Norm Rapmund, Ed Brisson, Kevin Eastman and many others. 

I have a few questions. 

I'm attending that Con and I want my comic (Secret Wars Spidey's black costume)  signed by Stan and the proper grade/certification from CGC... 

But also, the very next week in Mexico I want the same comic signed by Mike Zecke and Jim Shooter! 

Is there a way I can get the three of them? I don't know what to do!!! 

23 hours ago, CrL_Mx said:

I have a few questions. 

I'm attending that Con and I want my comic (Secret Wars Spidey's black costume)  signed by Stan and the proper grade/certification from CGC... 

But also, the very next week in Mexico I want the same comic signed by Mike Zecke and Jim Shooter! 

Is there a way I can get the three of them? I don't know what to do!!! 

Its pretty easy actually.  Just go to the CGC booth at the show and tell them you want a Stan sig and you want a 1-day walkthrough tier submission grading and then have it overnight shipped back to you.  Make sure you go to the CGC booth, not just the Stan CGC SS Facilitator.  They might try to direct you to the Stan Facilitator, but tell them you want to do 'walkthrough' AND have it overnight shipped back to you right away.  Tell them you're intent is to have it back by the next Friday.

The other option I think less likely option is if there is a CGC SS facilitator going to both shows you might be able to do it, if you leave them the book and you have them witness both signatures (for a fee of course). 

18 minutes ago, revat said:

Its pretty easy actually.  Just go to the CGC booth at the show and tell them you want a Stan sig and you want a 1-day walkthrough tier submission grading and then have it overnight shipped back to you.  Make sure you go to the CGC booth, not just the Stan CGC SS Facilitator.  They might try to direct you to the Stan Facilitator, but tell them you want to do 'walkthrough' AND have it overnight shipped back to you right away.  Tell them you're intent is to have it back by the next Friday.

The other option I think less likely option is if there is a CGC SS facilitator going to both shows you might be able to do it, if you leave them the book and you have them witness both signatures (for a fee of course). 

CGC isn't going to be at either of the shows.

2 minutes ago, Evil Cody said:
23 minutes ago, revat said:

CGC isn't going to be at either of the shows.

that will make it more difficult then....

On 10/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, atomised said:

never attended anyone know if there's any decent representation of GA books?

Not huge, mostly Silver and later. There's always some GA out there, just don't expect a lot. 

Will you be at the con? We have to meet up!

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

Not huge, mostly Silver and later. There's always some GA out there, just don't expect a lot. 

Will you be at the con? We have to meet up!

wish I could but got roped into some halloween plans I can't avoid.  You know it's an LA con when they're got a cosplay party with Black Eyed Peas.   I love silver if it's not the 30% over gpa con markup for keys.

20 minutes ago, atomised said:

wish I could but got roped into some halloween plans I can't avoid.  You know it's an LA con when they're got a cosplay party with Black Eyed Peas.   I love silver if it's not the 30% over gpa con markup for keys.

Oh they most definitely will all be overpriced, as they are at every con! :facepalm: