• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction House - When does failure to fulfill become unreasonable?

4 posts in this topic

If a Board transaction reaches 30 days without fulfillment, we can nominate them for probation. Hence, I assume 30 days is a reasonable limit. What about an auction house ? Specifically, from the time I respond to the invoice to 30 days later the order is still Pending/Not shipped, is this not unreasonable ? Should I be able to say 'forget it', cancel my order ? BTW, we are talking about books sold in auction, not BIN's awaiting shipment from the consignor. No hurricane related delays either. I'm about to contact my CC company. Opinions please. Thanks.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:26 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

If a Board transaction reaches 30 days without fulfillment, we can nominate them for probation. Hence, I assume 30 days is a reasonable limit. What about an auction house ? Specifically, from the time I respond to the invoice to 30 days later the order is still Pending/Not shipped, is this not unreasonable ? Should I be able to say 'forget it', cancel my order ? BTW, we are talking about books sold in auction, not BIN's awaiting shipment from the consignor. No hurricane related delays either. I'm about to contact my CC company. Opinions please. Thanks.

Have you spoken to someone directly? Yeah its a pain but that might speed things up for you.

Yes, I talked to them and finally got my order. Interestingly enough, it didn't seem like a big deal to them, like 5 weeks was nothing. I approached the Boards because I was considering canceling my order, calling my CC company to get my money back. I wanted to seek the Boards opinion but all I got was crickets.