• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Issue Comic Mobile App
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Fellow collectors I'm looking for feedback on a mobile app that took me almost two years to create.  It has over 7,000 key issues (1st appearances, iconic covers etc.) with price guidance.  You can catalog your comics and build a wish list.  Its all free.  No ads.  I don't profit.  I built a database for myself and a friend who had a huge collection in his warehouse but didn't know the valuable from the non-valuable comics.  You can download on apple or android through keycollectorcomics.com  or go directly to the mobile links I provided below. Enjoy! - Nick 

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/key-collector/id1189623811?ls=1&mt=8   

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keycollectorcomics.keycollector

59e2c5a45cac0_FlierWeb_Page_2.thumb.png.f20571912a359803b4e5ef7171b62adf.png

On 10/15/2017 at 6:15 PM, Duffman_Comics said:

Very nice app, Nick. Small point, the cover shown for Adventure #267 (2nd Legion) is actually Action #267.

No. I am not going to proof out every listing, but do you want users to let you know regarding "problems"?

Anyway, well done :tink:

Fixed this but couldn’t remember where I read this. Thank you for alerting me 

I  have downloaded this app and believe it will be helpful at a local con where it pays to have 1st appearance info at your fingertips, I know you are excited about this new venture but 3 posts advertising your website  on the same day is way  too much in my opinion. This may turn more people away then it draws towards your goal on getting people to try it out. How are prices determined and how often are they updated??

On 10/17/2017 at 9:11 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Great. Now all the people who know absolutely nothing can cherry pick all the good stuff at flea markets, second hand sellers, etc. Same as the the people that Amazon app and scan every video game, DVD, etc to see if they’re worth anything.

4 hours ago, anstettoman said:

I  have downloaded this app and believe it will be helpful at a local con where it pays to have 1st appearance info at your fingertips, I know you are excited about this new venture but 3 posts advertising your website  on the same day is way  too much in my opinion. This may turn more people away then it draws towards your goal on getting people to try it out. How are prices determined and how often are they updated??

I can see I was overzealous  I’ll stick to replies from here on out   

Prices are averaged from auction sales minus outliers over a period of 6 months   The average is scaled back slightly to build investment potential into the acquired issue.  Updates are manually adjusted when an event (movie casting, record high sale) effects the market value.  It’s not a perfect system in regard to the manual labor and urgency it requires but with each new version I’ll add more automated functionality.  

Thanks for your feedback and advice! It’s much appreciated!

4 hours ago, anstettoman said:

Thanks for the hard work bud, had to be so daunting...  Solid work... I actually used it a few times today while I was bouncing around indoor flea markets... I have so many hundreds of covers cataloged into my brain for keys that they get jumbled up, it's fantastic to have a visual confirmation... I'll kick you a few bucks when you start accepting $$$... Cheers =)

On 10/15/2017 at 6:15 PM, Duffman_Comics said:

Very nice app, Nick. Small point, the cover shown for Adventure #267 (2nd Legion) is actually Action #267.

No. I am not going to proof out every listing, but do you want users to let you know regarding "problems"?

Anyway, well done :tink:

I think I messaged you but in case I didn’t I’m letting you know it’s fixed.  Yes! Corrections are VERY welcome.  My emIl is nick@keycollectorcomics.com.  Thanks again for the alert.  

On 10/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, zupaphly said:

Thanks for the hard work bud, had to be so daunting...  Solid work... I actually used it a few times today while I was bouncing around indoor flea markets... I have so many hundreds of covers cataloged into my brain for keys that they get jumbled up, it's fantastic to have a visual confirmation... I'll kick you a few bucks when you start accepting $$$... Cheers =)

Good lord that was a helluva nice compliment.  Daunting? My naïveté convinced me it would take about two months to create the database by adding each entry into an excel doc by hand.  20 months later and 7,000 issues in, finally I got it out there.  Still adding keys daily that users email to me, I authenticate and enter them.  So yes! You are correct. That’s very nice of you to offer a kickback but I’ll find a way eventually to make it generate return. And no, I won’t allow ads to destroy the experience.  For now I’m just completely overwhelmed and happy that everyone for that most part is being so encouraging.  Especially you! Please share and review if you get a chance and thanks again! -Nick

On 10/19/2017 at 12:03 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Love the app ! Used it today at my LCS.  THANK YOU !!!!

On 10/16/2017 at 2:52 PM, entalmighty1 said:

Also, where do the valuations come from?

I pulled all the data I could from 6 months of auction sales and took the mean value minus outliers.