• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: ASM 3
1 1

10 posts in this topic

So there's a long story associated with this book as well as an entire ASM run that I just recently acquired from my father. But cut to the chase I'm looking for a grade for a few books and the opinion of whether or not this as well as a couple of other books should be either graded or left raw. I might sell the first couple of books in the run to pick up better copies possibly but we'll see. There's a lot of duplicates of issues above 20 that my father got which is nice where I could grade them possibly and sell the other copies but we'll see.

The first books from 3-5 were the worst copies with the first issue being around an 8 or so. But these issues are hard to determine a grade due to tape being on the covers.

So let me know what you think this book would grade at and is it worth to grade or sell as is.

Thanks!
Z

Front

img20171014_20465120_zpsqzy5hfiz.jpg

Back

img20171014_20472669_zpscb3kki3x.jpg

I post 2 other threads on issue 4 and 5.

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to list the books that are under a certain grade and keeping the higher quality copies. I might post 1 or 2 more books to see what people think since those will be the average quality of the whole run if not in the 9's.

That's an amazing piece of history that shows the love the original owner had for it.  The "my favorite" written above Doc Ock's head says it all, never mind the staples and tape that were added to keep it together.  If all this wear comes from your dad from when he was a kid, that's probably a great piece of nostalgia with sentimental value potentially outweighing market value.  I'm with those who say to keep it raw - if it's a piece of memorabilia from your dad's childhood, it may well be worth keeping for that meaning alone.

6 hours ago, smithdatura said:

That's an amazing piece of history that shows the love the original owner had for it.  The "my favorite" written above Doc Ock's head says it all, never mind the staples and tape that were added to keep it together.  If all this wear comes from your dad from when he was a kid, that's probably a great piece of nostalgia with sentimental value potentially outweighing market value.  I'm with those who say to keep it raw - if it's a piece of memorabilia from your dad's childhood, it may well be worth keeping for that meaning alone.

There's a longer story about how the books came into my dad's possession but that wasn't his writing while he was a kid unfortunately. Otherwise I would grade it just to keep it. Basically the jist of most of the early issues is that his friend needed money to go on a date with a girl so my father offered him the cash for his comic books...lol. He ended up pretty much buying most of the collection from his friend...haha. But my father said to do whatever with these books so I'm just picking the best of best copies and getting them graded to keep. The duplicates and lower grades will make their way around the Net if not purchased from here. :)