• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRACKEN IS CLOSED
3 3

77 posts in this topic

The Spirit #5 (1946).  A nice street lamp cameo of the Motley Crew.  Lawsy, so decadent.

I thought it looked nice for a 4.0 - still do.  It's all about the tear on the fc side.  and the CR-OW PQ - not so much anymore.  Think a nice caramel tone around the interior page borders.  Still very supple, nice staple placement keeps the book on the tight side, and at the end of the day>>Fine!

Asking $75 (Label comes with book, of course).  SOLD

Spirit05f_zpspgwoe85b.jpg

Spirit05b_zpscwygljlh.jpg

Spirit05cert_zpspvwjw5ky.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love
supple and subtle

Fawcett's Funny Animals #48 9.4 Crowley sole in census $125    SOLD

it's just got great composition, tone, it's a joyous book.  A decent funny animal Crowley with no foxing, shadows, and the PQ is still CR-OW.  It's got the Ped, the grade, the heart, what can I say?

FawcettsFunnyAnimals48f_zpsjcmrmkrj.jpg

FawcettsFunnyAnimals48b_zps7a9cvq5n.jpg

FawcettsFunnyAnimals48cert_zps5mpqmdtx.j

Edited by Dr. Love

Raggedy Ann & Andy #30 9.0 highest of 3 $150      SOLD

If you're a fan of this title, and face it who isn't? then this is a must issue imho.  There are subliminal political messages embedded in the illustration, but I'm told only the Illuminati can see it.  I had to have it.  Now you can have it!

RaggedyAnnAndy30f_zpskqaxzxpj.jpg

RaggedyAnnAndy30b_zpsm7dvmzer.jpg

RaggedyAnnAndy30cert_zpsett9wax6.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Last Cracken for now - I may add more books to this sales thread in coming days, raw and slabbed -

Picture Stories from Science #1 9.0 OWW Moderate (P)

A big, fun EC in nice shape.  Back in the day I'd take a Mod P but not an A.  Price is right and it's nice and tight. $50   SOLD

PictureStoriesfromScience01f_zpsyqzr1rtd

PictureStoriesfromScience01b_zpsb9kcslwy

PictureStoriesfromScience01cert_zpsbahnk

Edited by Dr. Love

43 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

The Spirit #5 (1946).  A nice street lamp cameo of the Motley Crew.  Lawsy, so decadent.

I thought it looked nice for a 4.0 - still do.  It's all about the tear on the fc side.  and the CR-OW PQ - not so much anymore.  Think a nice caramel tone around the interior page borders.  Still very supple, nice staple placement keeps the book on the tight side, and at the end of the day>>.Eisner!

Asking $75 (Label comes with book, of course).

Spirit05f_zpspgwoe85b.jpg

Spirit05b_zpscwygljlh.jpg

Spirit05cert_zpspvwjw5ky.jpg

:takeit: