• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRACKEN IS CLOSED
3 3

77 posts in this topic

RECAP

Fawcett's Funny Animals #48 9.4 Crowley sole graded   asking $125  SOLD per PM

Raggedy Ann & Andy #30 9.0 highest graded   asking $150    SOLD per PM

Picture Stories from Science #1 9.0 PLOD Moderate(P) asking $50   reduced to $25   SOLD

Edited by Dr. Love

10 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

RECAP

Fawcett's Funny Animals #48 9.4 Crowley sole graded   asking $125  SOLD per PM

Raggedy Ann & Andy #30 9.0 highest graded   asking $150    SOLD per PM

Picture Stories from Science #1 9.0 PLOD Moderate(P) asking $50   reduced to $25

I’ll take the Science.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

more Cracken coming later this afternoon around 5PM PST

Mystery, War, Western, PCH, and

a June 1944 signed camp Okajima

Nice

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm afraid not, friend.  In all fairness, I won't commit you to an open ended purchase and others have inquired as well, only to be told to wait till later.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm! (thumbsu

It was a joke. Sort of. :sorry:

No, really. It was. :foryou:

Edited by comicparadox
Duplication

17 hours ago, misterrmystery said:

My mistake. Comcav got it fair and square

Curious why you say this ? It appears your Take It was first. For the sake of Board Sales Integrity, please expound. Comcav wins enough on his own without doing him favors like this ! :devil:

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Curious why you say this ? It appears your Take It was first. For the sake of Board Sales Integrity, please expound. Comcav wins enough on his own without doing him favors like this ! :devil:

I'm satisfied, Bob, as well as the other parties, mistermystery and comiccav.  But a reminder on posting for wins:  please either quote the book you want with an I'll take it symbol or text or refer to the specific book with an I'll take it symbol or text if just replying.

I've been scanning, got some nice books coming up, see you all later!

32 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm satisfied, Bob, as well as the other parties, mistermystery and comiccav.  But a reminder on posting for wins:  please either quote the book you want with an I'll take it symbol or text or refer to the specific book with an I'll take it symbol or text if just replying.

I've been scanning, got some nice books coming up, see you all later!

That was the mistake I made. I put "take" in the response column instead of the "quote" column. When I noticed it didn't attach to the Archie 29 I went back and edited. While I was editing William took the book the proper way.

To keep things on the up and up, I gave up the book to avoid a look of impropriety and dirty pool. Next time I'll be sure to grab it in the quote column. All's cool. Many more books and battles ahead.:foryou:

Edited by misterrmystery

5 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm afraid not, friend.  In all fairness, I won't commit you to an open ended purchase and others have inquired as well, only to be told to wait till later.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm! (thumbsu

I'd seriously consider having a Board auction on the Okajima . It will be the only chance any of us have at it getting it before Comcav and you will probably get a better price. Don't guess at the price, let the marketplace determine the value.

16 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'd seriously consider having a Board auction on the Okajima . It will be the only chance any of us have at it getting it before Comcav and you will probably get a better price. Don't guess at the price, let the marketplace determine the value.

I'm not so sure, although I agree an auction would probably bring the highest return for the good Dr. There is something egalitarian about throwing it up in a post and seeing who's around and who's really motivated and who's fastest, whereas an auction on a book like this stays plausible for only a short time, and than it will be determined anyway by who has the deepest pockets. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a straightforward post and shoot.

1 hour ago, crassus said:

I'm not so sure, although I agree an auction would probably bring the highest return for the good Dr. There is something egalitarian about throwing it up in a post and seeing who's around and who's really motivated and who's fastest, whereas an auction on a book like this stays plausible for only a short time, and than it will be determined anyway by who has the deepest pockets. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a straightforward post and shoot.

I'm not sure I understand your comment 'an auction on a book like this stays plausible for only a short time'.  I had to look up the definition of egalitarian and I am not sure it applies to selling a comic book online but whatever. Even you admitted an auction would bring the highest return for the seller and what's wrong with that? And it would, at least, give the buyers a 'shot' at the book. Trust me, with a straight up sale, you might as well hand it off to Comcav right now.   

Edited by Bomber-Bob

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm not sure I understand your comment 'an auction on a book like this stays plausible for only a short time'.  I had to look up the definition of egalitarian and I am not sure it applies to selling a comic book online but whatever. Even you admitted an auction would bring the highest return for the seller and what's wrong with that? And it would, at least, give the buyers a 'shot' at the book. Trust me, with a straight up sale, you might as well hand it off to Comcav tight now.   

Do you have a problem with me?  Just buying some books, man. Everyone has the same shot.