• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRACKEN IS CLOSED
3 3

77 posts in this topic

Just now, Comcav said:

Do you have a problem with me?  Just buying some books, man. Everyone has the same shot.

I really don't see what the problem is here. No matter what the seller will decide how to proceed with the sale. There is no requirement that it be fair, not to say that it is not fair currently, but still.

1 minute ago, Comcav said:

Do you have a problem with me?  Just buying some books, man. Everyone has the same shot.

Not the place to discuss. I just think an auction would benefit the seller and be more fair for the buyers. Win/Win. 

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
35 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Comcav CAN be beaten...I have survived lol :foryou:

porcupenis can be beaten as well..., and he likes it!  :makepoint:

2 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Even better, now this is turning into folks gloating about smacking me around.  Yay!  ;)  

Nah,I was just joking about a five dollar comic lol 

You help sales threads steam along.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
5 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Even better, now this is turning into folks gloating about smacking me around.  Yay!  ;)  

Nah,I was just joking about a five dollar comic lol 

You help sales threads steam along.

And you help keep threads steamy.... :whee:

34 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Fact.  I lose all the time, about a dozen folks who regularly smoke me out.  I mean Rick makes me look like an old, old man with his speed!  

I built 1/2 my collection off of @Comcav arthritic F5 fingers. :smirk:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

9 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I built 1/2 my collection of @Comcav arthritic F5 fingers. :smirk:

Wait a minute, let me increase the font size so my ancient eyeballs can read this burn...

I'd laugh, but my fear is my mummified corpse will turn to dust.

Here we go.  I'm open to offers.

Adventures into the Unknown #11 6.5 CR-OW Voldy.  16-119F768-013  $125

This is one of the three outstanding strange doorway covers for early ACG.  They progress from outside the door (#1), on the threshold coming in (#8), trapped inside while the ghoul advances (#11).  Beautiful dark palette, the matte cover still retains wonderful colors (her red coat, and blush).  I love the mood covers.

Structurally it is great, tight and supple.  A beautiful presentation in Mylar, losing technically to considerable dark toning on both interior covers.  I call the PQ LT-OW.  I shy away from these usually, as many of us do, unless:  the book is one of those that looks 8.5, except for interior darkening, but brittleness is a deal breaker.  And then the price has to be right.  Then I'll go for it.  As I did here.  Embrace the Brown.

AdventuresIntoTheUnknown11fc_zpsszu4oaru

AdventuresIntoTheUnknown11b_zpscvdbw609.

IMG_8595_zps7kx35lxm.jpg

Battle Action #3 6.0 OWW bad azz Russ Heath signed cover, an early Battle Action issue.  $225

2nd highest behind a 7.0, the books presents much better than the grade.  Nice, tight, supple, with a beautiful cover that rakes very nicely.  Transfer on both interior covers against nice white borders, check out the pics.  And one interior page has a tear and a small piece missing, see pic. 

But the real check out - the unbelievable 2nd pg full splash battle scene - worth the cost of the book right there. IMHO.  Worked for me!

BattleAction03fc_zpsrxxrmcmp.jpg

BattleAction03b_zpssdbyc9vm.jpg

IMG_8603_zps6iqdnxfz.jpg

IMG_8602_zps8rmihi1x.jpg

IMG_8600_zpsvelyuzdl.jpg

IMG_8604_zpsdcrbqbfa.jpg

BattleAction03cert_zpsw6kgxujm.jpg

Dale Evans Comics #3 9.4 White  NOT CHURCH, sorry, wishful thinking, brain fart

Gorgeous almost grey tone, striking bright yellow/red combo and one of the infamous "grey area grey tone" books (hat tip to buttock).

Always a crowd pleaser for many years, hard to find in plump DC super nice grade, a must for Western collectors, if you're _______________  enough to step up. :baiting:

Or not!  I'm asking a stiffie $1000

DaleEvans03f_zps9bd0gllb.jpg

DaleEvans03fb_zpsx4an9fji.jpg

DaleEvans03label_zpscflzpv9a.jpg