• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Santa Rosa Fire Devastation - No House, No Comics
4 4

62 posts in this topic

@Eggman

What beautiful little girls. 

When you and or your wife have time, I bet if you post some things they need on an Amazon wishlist and send me a link, so I can share it, or post it here, some of us will gladly help with some clothes/toys/books for those wonderful children.

17 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

When you get a new house pm me and I will get your comic collection started again for free.I would be honored if I could send you a few packages of comics

Just give me 1 month after Christmas so I can gather some shipping monies

This goes for me as well, PM me an address once things settle a bit and I can also send you a few books to get your collection kick started.   As someone who lost a bunch of books recently ina house flood, I can relate to the loss of the comics.   An entire house with ever in it is just heartbreaking, stay strong ?

Warmest Regards,

Jason

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

@Eggman

What beautiful little girls. 

When you and or your wife have time, I bet if you post some things they need on an Amazon wishlist and send me a link, so I can share it, or post it here, some of us will gladly help with some clothes/toys/books for those wonderful children.

You bet (thumbsu

How terrible.  I'm so sorry and sad for you and your situation, but I am confident you will rebound before long.  Not the books, but your life in general.  It seems  you are part of a whole community of people going through the same thing now.   

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Seeing people here dealing with Harvey, I can relate a little to the immense stress this catastrophe is causing you and your family.  Best of luck finding a long term living situation, and take care of your mental health.

Here Airbnb made many places available for flood victims, are they possibly doing the same there?

Like everyone else who have already chimed in, I feel nothing but the deepest sorrow for all you have lost, but relief that you and your loved ones are safe.  As has been said already, there are things in life that are truly irreplaceable, and seeing the picture of your little girls is a reminder of that.  

I don't know what else to add other than I hope we as a community can be there for you in whatever way is possible. :foryou:

Eggman, my heart hurts for your losses. But I am glad that the most important thing is you and your family are safe. The smoke traveled into our area all last week and it was just terrible to see on the news. Please let me know how I can contribute to helping you and your family get back on your feet and building back your comic collection. Certainly will be praying for you. 

:angel:

On 16/10/2017 at 7:01 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Portugal has also been hit by fires ( at least 35 people died on Sunday with hundreds left homeless ) so your tragedy really hits home. :frown:

I was just there, and we left before the high winds started fanning the fires and helping it spread. It's unbelievable how fast these wildfires spread.

So sorry to hear about this @Eggman  - as others have said, so glad to hear you, your family and kids are safe.

Godspeed.  Sorry about the loss of the your collection, which is also a loss for future generations as well, but I'm really glad you and your family are safe.  This has been an insane year for natural disasters.  I hope this does not mean we'll have brutal winter ahead of us.

Hi, everyone.  I want to thank everyone for the kind words, comments, and PMs.  I have seen some truly amazing offers for help and words of encouragement.  I have to admit my faith in humanity was restored after this.  I am grateful for this community and everyone associated with it.  A heartfelt thank you to everyone.  I just wish I had the time to address everyone on this chain and all the PMs.  Please know that I appreciate each and every one of you.

I haven't updated for awhile, and you might be wondering why I just fell off.  It has been nothing but a whirlwind since my initial post.  I have moved my family and me six times since then to various locations.  I am staying at a friend/colleague's house right now while they are out on vacation.  I move into a small <1000 sq.ft apt (for 3 adults, 2 kids) on Saturday, and I am fortunate to get it.  It took me countless trips to various properties and phone calls to secure it.  In fact, a couple of Sundays ago, I called every single apartment complex that had 2-3 bedrooms available at that moment in time per Zillow.  From Windsor down to Petaluma to Sabastopol - and everything in between.  There were only 2 with confirmed availability, and only 1 viable.  I was there first thing Monday AM to secure the apartment.  It is a cluster out here for so many of my fellow Sonoma County peeps, but we're in it together.  The community feel is amazing, no matter what our situation.

My kids are hanging in there, but my youngest is more agitated the last week or so.  It's getting to them somewhat, and looking forward to stability.  This and (re)establishing a routine is so important.  I plan to rebuild my home, but estimates range from 2-5 years for that to be completed.  There are a legion of considerations and issues confronting this rebuilding, but I'll not try labor you with them unless you're curious.

Anyhow, thank you again for the kind words - and the many people offering to send me comics to help me rebuild.  To tell you the truth, I'm a bit disconnected from collecting right now as the thought of rebuilding such a massive collection - a lifetime of work/labor of love - seems beyond me.  I'll see how I feel later.  Right now, my attention is focused elsewhere.

Below is one thing that was saved, but only because it is a centerpiece in my office at work.  I got this done a couple of years ago at the San Jose Comicon, I think.  Simpsons artist Phil Ortiz and famed inker/artist Tom Cook did the work.  So glad I didn't lose this as I cherish it.  Hope you enjoy.

20171108_121213small.jpg