• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite monster/halloween movie
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Mine has got to be Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.  Not too scary.  Not to evil.  Not too spiritual. 

Also, here's a couple photos of some SCARY MOVIE ICONS :fear:

The first picture is Grandpa and Herman from the Munsters......  the second one is Ray Harryhausen, Forrest Ackerman, and

Ray Bradbury  :smile:

59e41017074bf_munstersphoto.thumb.jpg.9afa754e303b25bf15eb919adf859317.jpg

59e410d5cac74_montersmoviesrayharryhausenforrestackermanraybradbury.thumb.jpg.91ea30903a9edb8250d468cfcfb2ad1e.jpg

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

Mine has got to be Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.  Not too scary.  Not to evil.  Not too spiritual. 

Also, here's a couple photos of some SCARY MOVIE ICONS :fear:

The first picture is Grandpa and Herman from the Munsters......  the second one is Ray Harryhausen, Forrest Ackerman, and

Ray Bradbury  :smile:

:applause:love Abbott and Costello

23 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I still play the Movie Theme to the Thing at Halloween on speakers in the yard.

Good choice.  It is very creepy. Definitely mood-setting.

33 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

First three Phantasms,Return of the Living Dead 1&2....and the Gate..it's a stinker(and part two) but I watch all those every October.

I've been wanting to check out the remastered Phantasm, that's been out. I've only seen part II, and I've heard it's not quite the same (lead actor and lack of dream sequences.)

36 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Hmmm... can we get a list of all the Halloween based horror movies? It might be fun to binge in a few days, closer to halloween.

Obviously we have the Halloween series... I'll get ready to duck from thrown rotten fruit as I mention I loved Halloween 3.

We have Trick R Treat as another one.

But I'm drawing a blank on others off the top of my head.

I just remembered: the first episode of Tales from the darkside... I'd include that too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_around_Halloween

All time favorite: The Bride of Frankenstein

Runner ups: all of the Universal Horror movies, especially Lugosi's Dracula.

More modern favorites: Suspiria, Halloween, The Shining, Exorcist 1 and 3(forget 2), the Omen trilogy.

On 10/19/2017 at 12:27 AM, oakman29 said:

Phantom of the Opera ( original silent film)

One of my favorites!

The unmasking scene is still unrivaled! I've got a copy where the Masque of the Red Death scene is tinted red! Makes it even creepier...