• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age Scarcities & Oddities; Silver & Bronze too; Freebies!
2 2

181 posts in this topic

Thanks for looking; I plan about three dozen books in this thread, not all tonight, and many not so easy to find. There will be Golden Age Wonder Woman, LB Cole, plenty of pre-code romance, Betty & Veronica, some tough humor books, a book that is not in Gerber, and some DC silver and bronze, including a boardie cult classic. There will also freebies (low grade but scarce books).

:rulez:

First :takeit:in the thread wins, time stamp rules. Payment is money order or check only. Sorry but I do not have Paypal.

No listy sorts.

Shipping will be actual, U.S. Only. Usually runs between $4.50 for one book first class up to $13.60 for a medium size priority flat rate box. I use priority mail packages with cardboard sandwiches, or flip 'n ship comics mailers. I will use the most affordable method that allows me to pack securely and includes tracking. (Upstanding boardies outside the U.S. Who just gotta have it -- PM to discuss shipping, managing attendant risk, etc. We'll try.)

Returns -- Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt, and get it back to me in the same condition you received it, on your dime. Unless I have missed something.

I've got a kudos thread somewhere and I do a horrible job of asking people to chime in, but I have not had a complaint from anyone who has received books from me, and I have had thanks and repeat buyers, fwiw.

Edited by Readcomix
CLOSED

NEW, IMPROVED PRICES:

Wonder Woman #52 (WAS $225) NOW $175 :news:SOLD!

Blue Bolt Weird Tales #116 (WAS $125) NOW $90 :news: SOLD!

Mickey Mouse Magazine vol 3 #2 1937 (WAS $125) NOW $90 :news: SOLD!

Betty and Veronica #58 (WAS $20) NOW $15

Love Tales #50 (WAS $100) NOW $70

Love Adventures #5 (WAS $40) NOW $20

Secret Story Romances #3 (WAS $20) NOW $15

First Romances #5,6 (WERE $20 EACH) NOW $12 EACH

Here's Howie #13 (WAS $25) NOW $15

Best of the West #11 (WAS $50) NOW $40

Best of the West #9 (WAS $20) NOW $15 Not in Gerber (Take both BofW for $50)

Danger #15 (WAS $20) NOW $10

Our Gang #24 (WAS $20) NOW $15

Lots of new, inxpensive stuff up too; PM's welcome on anything not sold!

SOLD:

Action Comics #251

My Secret Marriage #22

Lovelorn #9, 10

Archie #158

Strange Stories From Another World #3

Betty & Veronica # 325, 332

Everything's Archie #113

Laugh #175

Archie's Joke Book #82

Edited by Readcomix
Updates

Let's start with Wonder Woman #52 in VG/F. Irwin Hasen cover, HG Peter inside, Robert Kanigher story. Just 18 the census. That lower left corner of the front cover is color abrasion, not a missing piece. (See shot with inside front cover/splash) (WAS $225) NOW $175 :news: SOLD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Next up is a lower grade copy of a scarce and hot book, just 15 on the census. Blue Bolt Weird Tales #116, presenting well in the Good 2.5 range. LB Cole, Jay Disbrow art inside. Appears lower right of cover was scrunched up at one point; note also shot of inside front cover for tape repair. Much of that whiteness is not tape but bright paper where the cover was bunched up for some time, apparently. All the Blue Bolt Weird Tales are tough to find and heating up of late.

(WAS $125) NOW $90 :news: SOLD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Best of the West #11, Magazine Enterprises, 1953. There's only 1 on the census, an 8.5. This one was dealt to me as a VG/F but I'd call it VG+ (4.5) myself. Fred Guardineer, Fred Meagher, Frank Bolle, Ayers and an unsigned Frazetta-esque cover (Meagher, I suspect (shrug))

(WAS $50) NOW $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Best of the West #9....Fair 1.0 because, unfortunately, the cover is completely spilt and not attached....another thing the cover is not is its not in the Gerber Photojournal...it eluded Ernie, don't let it elude you. Two on the census.

(WAS $20) NOW $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Here is an Atlas pre-code romance key that is not even represented on the census. I'm calling it VG+ due to seemingly needless tape on the spine, but it's got the gloss and flatness of a F/VF. Al Hartley cover with a Bill Everett story featuring a cat fight with hair-pulling. (WAS $100) NOW $70

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Another one you don't see every day....Here's Howie #13...some fun GGA with Winnie the Wac, and there's a Howie in drag story too. VG due to vertical cover crease that breaks color and some staining top front cover, more visible on inside front cover. (WAS $25) NOW $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Action Comics #251, notable for the full-page ad touting Supergirl's debut in the next issue. VG plus; the cover has the texture of having been wet once. Slight stain under the white beard, but I suspect whatever was once spilled on it was dried immediately because the texture is more noticeable than the staining. $40 :news: SOLD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Action Comics #251, notable for the full-page ad touting Supergirl's debut in the next issue. VG plus; the cover has the texture of having been wet once. Slight stain under the white beard, but I suspect whatever was once spilled on it was dried immediately because the texture is more noticeable than the staining. $40

image.jpeg

:takeit: