• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age Scarcities & Oddities; Silver & Bronze too; Freebies!
2 2

181 posts in this topic

Picking up tonight around 10 pm EST with more pre-code romance (including at least one not yet in the census), some Norm Saunders PCH, a book containing both Barks and Walt Kelly, and a 1937 Mickey Mouse Magazine (precursor to WDCS) with a Halloween-themed cover. And another freebie will go up too.

If nothing else, stop in to see one of the most awesome splash pages of Ogden Whitney's career. Be here! (thumbsu

Lovelorn #10, same boat...VG +, held back by dust shadow and chip at center top of front cover. Again, flat clean and bright with few color breaks on that 1950 spine.

Inside front cover not nearly as nice, but I ought to charge everyone rent just to pop in here and look at that Ogden Whitney splash. You're welcome. :insane: (WAS $25) NOW $20 :news: SOLD! via PM

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Pix

Again, scarce as hen's teeth...Superior Publications, 1956. My Secret Marriage #22 in VG range. There's just something about this one. Probably the juxtaposition of the headlights cover and splash and the Rosary beads ad on the back cover. (Did I mention?  "I Was a Cheat") $25 :news: SOLD!image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

8 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Again, scarce as hen's teeth...Superior Publications, 1956. My Secret Marriage #22 in VG range. There's just something about this one. Probably the juxtaposition of the headlights cover and splash and the Rosary beads ad on the back cover. $25

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

Okay, time for a saucy Archie...#158 at 3.0 with slight spine roll and two center wraps detached but clean and flat. Great contents with an infamous Archie in drag story and a beach ball in the bum story with a case of mistaken identity (It's not Betty, and her boyfriend looks like he might last a few rounds with Big Moose...) $5 :news: SOLD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
SOLD

It's incomplete, with a torn page and detached cover, but it's New Romances #6 from Standard Comics, and you are not going to just waltz into your Podunk LCS and pluck one from the bins. Barbara Bel Geddes and Richard Basehart photo cover. Free to anyone who has purchased in this thread or the next purchaser, whoever claims it first. Probably scarcer than the Sugar and Spike #6 I gave way last night. (Maybe, maybe not...(shrug))

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dell Comics, 1946...Our Gang #24, Walt Kelly cover and interior, and Carl Barks interior story as well. VG range, issues readily apparent in pix. Racist caricatures abound in this one....but, but..."Dell Comics are good comics." (And they have never borne the comics code stamp, didjya know?)

(WAS $20) NOW $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo