• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! FS: Pile of slabs that literally have gone untouched for a decade! Keys! Price Reductions!
6 6

139 posts in this topic

Wow what a great story. My brother and I have been sharing in this obsession together for over 35 years and it has been a great ride so far. I love how your brother took your direction and built a great collection on true blind faith in his brother.

Awesome!

5 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Wow what a great story. My brother and I have been sharing in this obsession together for over 35 years and it has been a great ride so far. I love how your brother took your direction and built a great collection on true blind faith in his brother.

Awesome!

Thanks Man.  It is really pretty cool.  He didn't always stick to the -script, but in many cases it turned out okay anyway.  :)

Hulk 181 CGC 6.0 SS Trimpe/Wein OW pages Sold

This was one of the few books that has seen the light of day since '06.  I had a handful of books signed back in 09 and I asked my brother if he wanted to get his 181 signed.  At the time it was sitting in a PGX slab graded as a 6.5.  Which I knew wasn't a great attribute...  I sent it off with my books and this was the result.  Wasn't real sure how to price this one.   A  6.0 signed by Stan just sold for 1749, so I thought that this duo deserved a shade more.  Sadly, they won't be doing anymore signings.  :(  

20170924_174322.jpg

Edited by ChasingKingKirby

13 minutes ago, cookie1963 said:

Beautiful books so far keep them coming  GL with the sale. Will be following closely 

Thanks so much.  I only took about a dozen pictures this round.  I will be going back for another round of books soon.  I still have a pile of old label X-men to list.  

1 minute ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Thanks so much.  I only took about a dozen pictures this round.  I will be going back for another round of books soon.  I still have a pile of old label X-men to list.  

ok now i'm drooling...

Here's a sample of the x-men...

X-men 40 CGC 9.0 OW/W  $225   $200 $175  Graded 11/21/2000  :headbang:   SOLD

This book is just gorgeous for the grade and presents about as well as a book possibly can.  Many of the x-men books look this way and he has a lot.  Including quite a few later Byrne run books.  Looks news stand fresh to me.  I gotta say, I was shocked when I looked up many of the x-men run books.  They just seem to be undervalued.  Bringing fairly low value for 9.? copies for 60s books.  Just an opinion.  Looks to me like it would grade higher on a straight resub. but what do I know.  :insane:  

20170924_175118.jpg

35 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I gotta say, I was shocked when I looked up many of the x-men run books.  They just seem to be undervalued.  Bringing fairly low value for 9.? copies for 60s books.  Just an opinion.  

Yeah SA peaked quite a few years ago, except for so-called keys.

Edited by lizards2

X-men 94 CGC 7.0 C/OW  $325    $300  $280   SOLD

I do not believe these pages would come back as Cream/OW today based on what I can see on the edge...  But that's how they sit currently in a 1st gen slab.  This book was graded 6/20/2002!

20170924_175307.jpg

Hulk 141 CGC 9.2 White Pages $225  $200    $185   SOLD

Let me just say, this book has the "wow" factor.  Beautiful color!  Centering!  White Pages!  Just a beautiful copy.  If you need one, this one's pretty awesome.  Graded 2/13/06.

20170924_175738.jpg