• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES (and GGA!) FOR HOPE... COMICS FOR PUERTO RICO RELIEF. Closed!
4 4

54 posts in this topic

OK, two more and then off to see the nephew's baseball game.

Dan'l Boone #4

This is the Sussex Publishing series.  A nice looking copy, flat, tight, nice gloss.  Find out what happened to the "i" and "e" in his name! :kidaround:

Price is $25 and I'll cover the shipping in the USA.  Elsewhere, you cover the shipping.

boone4.jpg.ff938a9eb59bf34257c476b5e935c96f.jpgboone4bc.jpg.0d4abc311d89e7a3e6a355559540f597.jpg

This is a lot of two and consider them to be low grade readers.  But the donation goes to a worthy cause and you might enjoy these.

Shocking Mystery Cases #59 and Murder Incorporated #5 (#1) 2nd series *SOLD to MusterMark*

Asking for a $25 donation for both.  I'll cover shipping to the US.  Elsewhere, you pay the shipping charges.

shockingmystery59.jpg.7e4e8b007f241659a18a529d45ff538b.jpgshockingmystery59bc.jpg.e89a8c404b18c94819e760dfb77fa95a.jpg

The Shocking Mystery sports an L. B. Cole cover (obviously) and is brittle in the upper right corner and edges.  The book can be opened and read because the spine is not brittle.  Still, consider it just a low grade reader copy.

Murder Incorporated (second series) #5 (which is actually #1 in the second series).  Obvious water damage and some small holes in a few of the pages.  Staining through the book, but the pages are supple and the book can be easily read and enjoyed.

murder.jpg.87ae9986188e76dc4ed0263a4bc54eec.jpgmurderbc.jpg.2ccb62b32abdb3faef1503e00a8d3578.jpg

Edited by walclark
sold

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Adding those two books and Walclark's donations to the total brings us to $990. SO close to the $1K mark. Let's do this. 

So, I was going to match $90 for the two books I've sold so far, but rounded up to $100...so you hit your $1K mark.  Thanks for doing this!

Walter

22 minutes ago, walclark said:

This is a lot of two and consider them to be low grade readers.  But the donation goes to a worthy cause and you might enjoy these.

Shocking Mystery Cases #59 and Murder Incorporated #5 (#1) 2nd series

Asking for a $25 donation for both.  I'll cover shipping to the US.  Elsewhere, you pay the shipping charges.

shockingmystery59.jpg.7e4e8b007f241659a18a529d45ff538b.jpgshockingmystery59bc.jpg.e89a8c404b18c94819e760dfb77fa95a.jpg

The Shocking Mystery sports an L. B. Cole cover (obviously) and is brittle in the upper right corner and edges.  The book can be opened and read because the spine is not brittle.  Still, consider it just a low grade reader copy.

Murder Incorporated (second series) #5 (which is actually #1 in the second series).  Obvious water damage and some small holes in a few of the pages.  Staining through the book, but the pages are supple and the book can be easily read and enjoyed.

murder.jpg.87ae9986188e76dc4ed0263a4bc54eec.jpgmurderbc.jpg.2ccb62b32abdb3faef1503e00a8d3578.jpg

Take them

I got the package I was waiting for. I had promised to put up one of the books, so I will.

This was just sold in another thread and @grebal seemed to want it, so I'm going to give Greg 12 hours to take it (I hope that's OK)  if he still needs one;) It's a great looking book!. It was on sale for $50 less 30%, so I paid $35. $35 it is, and I'll pay shipping in the US only because of the postage costs for a slab, please use the Jet Blue link if possible.

collectors 3847.jpg

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I got the package I was waiting for. I had promised to put up one of the books, so I will.

This was just sold in another thread and @grebal seemed to want it, so I'm going to give Greg 12 hours to take it (I hope that's OK)  if he still needs one;) It's a great looking book!. It was on sale for $50 less 30%, so I paid $35. $35 it is, and I'll pay shipping in the US only because of the postage costs for a slab, please use the Jet Blue link if possible.

collectors 3847.jpg

takeit !

Thanks again skypinkblu.  I got the two TOS you sent me this week and still need to post a thank you in your 'kudos.'

I'll make another donation using jetblue link now for $50.

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

takeit !

Thanks again skypinkblu.  I got the two TOS you sent me this week and still need to post a thank you in your 'kudos.'

I'll make another donation using jetblue link now for $50.

All yours, Greg:) Glad it worked out:) I bought it for the Christmas raffle, but I'll find something else for that, lol. Thanks for the help! 

Folks, I think this thread has run its course so let's call it closed.

Final total: $1,120 raised :applause:

... and I believe most donations were made with the JetBlue link Sharon supplied, so with the matching donations we're probably looking at an actual total of $1700-1800 or so sent for Puerto Rico relief.

Again, buyers, you should get in touch with your sellers directly. Let me know if any issues.

Big thanks to all who contributed, really great of you. (worship)

Cheers,
Jon

Edited by Point Five