• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES (and GGA!) FOR HOPE... COMICS FOR PUERTO RICO RELIEF. Closed!
4 4

54 posts in this topic

Hi all,

As you all likely know, the situation in Puerto Rico three weeks after Hurricane Maria is extremely dire. Even as the story starts to fade from our headlines, millions of US citizens are in great peril and in need of basic supplies to stay alive. The scale of need is overwhelming. I love comics dearly, but at the end of the day they're a luxury. So I wanted to give back a bit in a time of crisis.

I understand not everyone is able to give, but hoping there might be some here in our community who will consider a contribution for the cause, which IMO is a worthy one. Please consider it! If you'd like to contribute, just post up a book with your BIN price and shipping conditions.

As with previous charity threads, I think it will be easiest if each buyer makes an individual donation to the cause on their own. I'll suggest a Hurricane-Maria-specific donation to One America Appeal, a charity organization spearheaded by all the living ex-US presidents in tandem with the first lady of PR (CLICK HERE FOR DONATION PAGE). The fund organizers are pledging that 100% of donations will go directly to relief, not to overhead or whatever.

Update! JetBlue is offering to match all donations made for Puerto Rico relief at this donation link: https://www.globalgiving.org/jetblue (hat tip to Sharon, thank you!). Global Giving also has excellent ratings from the charity watchdog groups. I'll leave the previous OneAmericaAppeal link up so folks can decide for themselves, but since JetBlue will double all donations I think that is a fantastic option.

If you buy a book here, just let the seller know when you've donated and keep a receipt. Or if you prefer to donate directly and skip the books, that's great too.

Thanks all! (thumbsu
Jon

--

$1,120 raised (10/23 5 pm) :whee:

--

Items still available:

Page 1:

Fight Comics #52 donated by Ricksneatstuff - 4.5 - Like a 6.5 with some cover pieces- $65 

2 sketches by Gilbert “Beto” Hernandez of Luba from Love and Rockets, donated by jsilverjanet - both for $100 

Page 2:

Wonder Woman large promo poster donated by skypinkblu - $50

Flying Stories #1 vintage pulp donated by walclark - $40

Edited by Point Five

In the immortal words of Spidey... with great power, yadda yadda, something like that. I figure it makes sense for him to lend a web here.

Amazing Spiderman #64 in 9.0. One of my favorite SA Spidey covers. It took me a while to find a nice copy--I'll miss it! This was purchased right here on the boards from Foolkiller/Brian some years back. Nice bright shiny copy with sharp edges. The shadows on the book are from my lousy photos, not flaws on the book.

$150 (US shipping on me; at cost outside US)  SOLD!

asm64back.JPG.9f50e5da5e9cdbcb240576b79756a984.JPG

Back cover:

Spoiler

asm64.JPG.b650ebbf5a60abb7ccd7e701d4d61421.JPG

Edited by Point Five

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

In the immortal words of Spidey... with great power, yadda yadda, something like that. I figure it makes sense for him to lend a web here.

Amazing Spiderman #64 in 9.0. One of my favorite SA Spidey covers. It took me a while to find a nice copy--I'll miss it! This was purchased right here on the boards from Foolkiller/Brian some years back. Nice bright shiny copy with sharp edges. The shadows on the book are from my lousy photos, not flaws on the book.

$150 (US shipping on me; at cost outside US)

asm64back.JPG.9f50e5da5e9cdbcb240576b79756a984.JPG

Back cover:

Reveal hidden contents

asm64.JPG.b650ebbf5a60abb7ccd7e701d4d61421.JPG

:takeit: I'll happily support this initiative. :applause:

(I might have something to post tomorrow)

I'll participate with a tough Blue Beetle book. Only 6 in the census.  A few surface scratches on the CGC holder.  Sold shipped incld USPS priority mail.  International will be shipped regular USPS mail.  Note, I will have to mail this book out on Saturday so thanks for your patience but let it rip, this is a nice book.

BB36.jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Edited by atomised

RANGERS 40...............................2.5+...............................................OW......................................................$ 40 .............Shipping to USA included, overseas at cost...........

oaaE0wi.jpg

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

RANGERS 40...............................2.5+...............................................OW......................................................$ 40 .............Shipping to USA included, overseas at cost...........

oaaE0wi.jpg

Great Idea, Jon! Thanks for listing this, Jimbo 

:takeit:

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Great Idea, Jon! Thanks for listing this, Jimbo 

:takeit:

^^

...I'll probably fish out a couple more to put up in the next days... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

WEIRD ADVENTURES .................................................................. 2.5...........................................................OW.............................................................$ 60 ......Shipping to USA included, out of country at cost

LKS3Hsd.jpg

9 hours ago, atomised said:

I'll participate with a tough Blue Beetle book. Only 6 in the census.  A few surface scratches on the CGC holder.  $200 bones shipped incld USPS priority mail.  International will be shipped regular USPS mail.  Note, I will have to mail this book out on Saturday so thanks for your patience but let it rip, this is a nice book.

BB36.jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Amazing looking book for the grade. I'll take it

32 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

WEIRD ADVENTURES .................................................................. 2.5...........................................................OW.............................................................$ 60 ......Shipping to USA included, out of country at cost

LKS3Hsd.jpg

Take 

2 sketches by Gilbert “Beto” Hernandez of Luba from Love and Rockets  - obtained these at SDCC2017

take both for $100 all proceeds to One America Appeal

ill cover shipping anywhere 

51CE326A-3005-437B-8715-0AA549A2689B.jpeg

Edited by jsilverjanet

CLAIMED

DONATION REQUIRED: $120.00 CGC four-pack, don’t know pressing status on any, all bought on boards last year when I still bought slabs here, includes ship to US, or at cost to Canadialand, be good to do some good on multiple levels.  More pics on request, can take 2 pics per front cover and back if you like (top half and bottom half, can show books pretty well).

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

Edited by grebal
claimed

Walt Disney's Comics #86 in 5.5; Pogo #9 in 6.5. Fun duo of bright, attractive GA books... both present well with hot colors and no major flaws. WDCS #86 has a Walt Kelly cover and a 10-page Carl Barks story; Pogo has a Kelly cover and all Kelly interiors.

$40 for both  SOLD (US shipping on me; at cost outside US)

wdcs86.jpg.57ff0f6e60304a433d0a128faccbe283.jpg

pogo9.jpg.41bfd397d2e284d282490e4578aca080.jpg

Edited by Point Five