• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Demon 1 (Odd Creasing)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Trying to get a better understanding of this book I recently acquired. Besides the overall probable grade, I am specifically looking for information on the creasing.

Does anybody know if this is a manufacturer crease (On front and back)? Or is this possible someone who attempted to press without realizing what they are doing?

Do you have any method for identifying how the crease was created? Finally, what do you think this will do to the overall grade?

My understanding is that manufacturer creases aren't held against the grade, is this accurate? Thanks for the information.

IMG_20171016_185448097.jpg

IMG_20171016_185454787.jpg

IMG_20171016_185524942.jpg

IMG_20171016_185518992.jpg

I think that all things being equal, a book with printer's creases laying next to an identical book without them will grade a notch lower, but probably not more than that.

For the book in question here, I would say the greater factor is the overhang on the back cover edge, especially the tearing to the left of the "Mountain Mover."  I think you're looking at about an 8.0 on this copy, with that BC really dragging down the grade.

Thanks for the input. That torn notch was a bit concerning when I bought it, but got a really good deal on it, so I'm not too upset about it. I had it at 7.0/7.5 myself. I appreciate the insight.