• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I think Erik Larsen (Savage Dragon) is still residing in the north Seattle, WA area. Albertans should be satisfied with the Calgary expo :golfclap: that is 3=4 times bigger than Fan Expo Vancouver even though the population in the Vancouver area is much larger than Calgary and Edm combined.

As a former Albertan, and BC poor boy ... the collector in me do agree with Aardvark88. Vancouver should take lessons from Calgary in how to bring back more fans. I’ve went to CCEE 10 times since it first open to now, having missed out two times. Ten times had been a blast and fun times. 

Anyone see how much M. Fox is charging for signatures? Yow... wonder if there is a limit in how many signatures I can get? :frown:

There is a simple reason that the Calgary and Edmonton Expo's are better than Vancouver - a much larger collector community. Look at the number of comic stores in both cities relative to Vancouver. For whatever reason, the younger population with disposable income here likes to read and collect comics. 

12 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

As a former Albertan, and BC poor boy ... the collector in me do agree with Aardvark88. Vancouver should take lessons from Calgary in how to bring back more fans. I’ve went to CCEE 10 times since it first open to now, having missed out two times. Ten times had been a blast and fun times. 

Anyone see how much M. Fox is charging for signatures? Yow... wonder if there is a limit in how many signatures I can get? :frown:

190 more fox.

There are packages etc up now as well

We’re dropping a HUGE batch of creator talent! Jae Lee (Superman/Batman), Mark Texeria (Ghost Rider) and Chad Hardin (Harley Quinn) among the dozen guest announced today, with much more to come. Take a look at today’s full creator lineup: https://calgaryexpo.com/guests/artists-and-creators/

7 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

We’re dropping a HUGE batch of creator talent! Jae Lee (Superman/Batman), Mark Texeria (Ghost Rider) and Chad Hardin (Harley Quinn) among the dozen guest announced today, with much more to come. Take a look at today’s full creator lineup: https://calgaryexpo.com/guests/artists-and-creators/

Sweet.  Lineup is looking great.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Sweet.  Lineup is looking great.

Vancouver Fan Expo's artist/inker line up in Nov, 2017 was the best it has ever been except we did not have jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Texeira or Don Rosa. Love his Ducks. :foryou:

12 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I see no reason to move us around. We have been in the same spot for quite a few years. I guess the motivation was for our buyers to be lost and unable to find us.

Seems like Harley may have been the only comics vendor to not be moved about. Perhaps your loyal customers will be looking for Citadel/Clobberin' Time and Forest City Coins in the side Corral/media guest room or Big 4 :ohnoez: building. So sad.

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Seems like Harley may have been the only comics vendor to not be moved about. Perhaps your loyal customers will be looking for Citadel/Clobberin' Time and Forest City Coins in the side Corral/media guest room or Big 4 :ohnoez: building. So sad.

Mount your GPS devices on your phones,  Geeks and Fans!  Seek your favorite comic vendors. :ohnoez:

55 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I’m sure I will find all the dealers willing to sell to me.  

Not if you are wearing an Edmonton Oilers or Florida hockey jersey. Then again, vendors will sell a comic to the Devil if he has US $$ greenback$. :idea: