• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Just got the color brochure at LCS. Wow, Calgary Expo pulled out all the stops by getting Superstar movie poster painter Drew Struzan. He painted every memorable 1980s poster for franchises you may have heard of like: Star Trek (Wrath of Kahn), Star Wars, Back to the Future, Blade Runner! :x

I like this lineup a lot.  

Drew Struzan? Hmm... think I have a couple of posters in storage that were done by him. Not sure if they are his work but I’ll need to check out. 

2 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Has he been confirmed as a guest ?

On 2018-03-08 at 11:08 AM, aardvark88 said:

Just got the color brochure at LCS. Wow, Calgary Expo pulled out all the stops by getting Superstar movie poster painter Drew Struzan. He painted every memorable 1980s poster for franchises you may have heard of like: Star Trek (Wrath of Kahn), Star Wars, Back to the Future, Blade Runner! :x

aardvark88 said that, not me. Will see if I can find that brochure at LCS.

53 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Darn, seems like painter :cry: Drew Struzan (Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back poster) is not confirmed per the Calgary expo site.

It's not like he was going to paint anything for you, Allan. :p

4 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

It's not like he was going to paint anything for you, Allan. :p

Thanks. Now I can get that portrait of greggy I have always wanted for the :sorry: glowing centerpiece of my comic book room.

57 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Thanks. Now I can get that portrait of greggy I have always wanted for the :sorry: glowing centerpiece of my comic book room.

Read Kevin’s post above. You may get that greggy painting after all. :wishluck: 

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Have Drew Sturzan do a portrait of Greggy as Chewbacca and thirdgreenham as Han Solo for your comic room.  (:

6 hours ago, TheLiamSturgess said:

I was told CGC themselves would be setting up!

Oh, I won't be able to go regardless. I just need someone to facilitate Dawn McTeigue and a couple other Sig's. 

CGC should set up for on-site grading at the Calgary Expo. I bet it would draw out some of the hidden GA and SA collections in Alberta/Western Canada that have not seen the light of day for a couple of decades. They would have long line-ups all show long. I know of two collectors that have not graded their big books due to fear of them getting lost in transit. They have some nice stuff that was mostly accumulated during the 80s and early 90s.

Edited by kimik