• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

Here's the up-to-date list of comic and related creators appearing at the event (not including everyone in Artist Alley).

As you can see, Calgary has a MASSIVE amount of creator talent appearing all weekend. Most of the comic guests are appearing in the upper level of the Big Four Building.

Talent appearing at the ASPEN and RENEGADE ARTS ENTERTAINMENT booths can be found in the BMO Centre in the main vendor hall.

Featured Guests:
JIM LEE
ROB LIEFELD
DREW STRUZAN
DAVID FINCH
NEAL ADAMS
AMANDA CONNER
JIMMY PALMIOTTI
DONNY CATES

Special Guests
NEN CHANG
CAMILLA D'ERRICO
RAY FAWKES
MEREDITH FINCH
JOHN GIANG
TOM GRUMMETT
ROB GUILLORY
CHAD HARDIN
JODY HOUSER
KYLE HIGGINS
SAM HUMPHRIES
MEGAN HUTCHISON
TYLER JENKINS
JT KRUL (Aspen)
GISELE LAGACE
JAE LEE
FRANK MASTROMAURO (Aspen)
STEVE ORLANDO
DAN PARENT
ANDY PRICE
SARA RICHARD
DON ROSA
STEPHANE ROUX 
FERNANDO RUIZ
TY TEMPLETON
FRANK TIERI
ANNE WHEATON
KURTIS WIEBE
JIM ZUB

Also Appearing
JOEL ADAMS
JOSH ADAMS
LAURIE B!
SAMANTHA BEIKO
KYLE CHARLES
DPI STUDIOS
SPENCER ESTABROOKS (Renegade)
ALEXANDER FINBOW (Renegade)
JOHN GALLAGHER
OWEN GIENI
DIANA GREENHALGH
NAT JONES
RYAN KINCAID
NEIL LALONDE
LEO LEIBELMAN
LUBA
JEFF MARTIN (Renegade)
CONOR MCCREERY
JASON MEENTS
JASON METCALF
HOPE NICHOLSON
CURT PIRES
AMY PRONOVOST
SHEA PROULX (Renegade)
STEVE PULAWA
BEN RANKEL (Renegade)
ROVE
NYCO RUDOLPH (Renegade)
ANTHONY RUTTGAIZER
NIIGAANWEWIDAM SINCLAIR (Renegade)
KT SMITH
JOAN STEACY
KEN STEACY
ANDREW THOMAS
KELLY TINDALL
SHO UEHARA
ERIC ZAWADZKI

Ty Templeton and KT Smith appear courtesy of the CLLDF.

16 hours ago, kimik said:
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, 500Club said:

What's wrong with Winnipeg?

Gives Oiler fans a Canadian team to watch, during their annual post golf rounds at the clubhouse.

Sitting side by side with Flames fans........

Flames fans are still on the course sharpening up.  Their golf game isn't as good, because Oiler fans get to practice every year.

At least we have the course to ourselves every year on draft lottery day. :baiting:

1 hour ago, 500Club said:

Flames fans are still on the course sharpening up.  Their golf game isn't as good, because Oiler fans get to practice every year.

At least we have the course to ourselves every year on draft lottery day. :baiting:

Most Oilers fans are too drunk to golf now since we have been drowning our sorrows since November this season. :sorry:

I can't see the Oilers winning the lottery again this year, unfortunately. At least that is something the organization is practiced at. The karmic payback for the Nuge and Yak weak draft years was paid back with the McDavid heist.

11 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I get it that you don’t like the Flames. That part makes sense, since you’re an Oilers fan. But to cheer for all US teams to beat every Canadian team except the Oilers, doesn’t make any sense to me. 

You will never cheer for any of the last remaining Canadian teams, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Vancouver, because their fans may sometimes cheer for the Flames? :screwy: 

Or am I getting this wrong? 

Most Canadians will cheer for the last remaining Canadian team in the playoffs, because we love our country.  I can see your case for the Flames, but not the other ones. 

No, just because the only Canadian team I want to win the Cup is the Oilers. It is that plain and simple. I don't view that as stupidity, just a difference of approaches/opinions. 

FWIW, I dislike the Canucks, Habs, and Leafs more than the Flames. That is due to interactions with some of their fans growing up (friends' drunk parents who were blind Habs and Leafs fans that had not played high level hockey running their mouths off, especially during the Habs Cup run in 93) and/or as an adult (Vancouver - mind you, the Bertuzzi Moore incident turned me off of the team earlier). 

I have the same view on the CFL - I always cheer for the East team in the Grey Cup if the Eskimos are not in it.

I have plenty of co-workers and friends who are football (soccer) fans that view the Champions League the same way - if their team is not in it then they cheer for the other associations against rivals from their favorite team's league. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Here's the up-to-date list of comic and related creators appearing at the event (not including everyone in Artist Alley).

As you can see, Calgary has a MASSIVE amount of creator talent appearing all weekend. Most of the comic guests are appearing in the upper level of the Big Four Building.

Talent appearing at the ASPEN and RENEGADE ARTS ENTERTAINMENT booths can be found in the BMO Centre in the main vendor hall.

Featured Guests:
JIM LEE
ROB LIEFELD
DREW STRUZAN
DAVID FINCH
NEAL ADAMS
AMANDA CONNER
JIMMY PALMIOTTI
DONNY CATES

Kevin, will Neal Adams have a booth set up like the last time he was here to sell prints/commissions?

Also, will there be any day that the artists will be set up in advance for Exhibitors to get commissions?

31 minutes ago, kimik said:

Most Oilers fans are too drunk to golf now since we have been drowning our sorrows since November this season. :sorry:

I can't see the Oilers winning the lottery again this year, unfortunately. At least that is something the organization is practiced at. The karmic payback for the Nuge and Yak weak draft years was paid back with the McDavid heist.

I actually like the Nuge.  Too bad you couldn't undo a couple of trades using hindsight, though. 

23 minutes ago, kimik said:

No, just because the only Canadian team I want to win the Cup is the Oilers. It is that plain and simple. I don't view that as stupidity, just a difference of approaches/opinions. 

FWIW, I dislike the Canucks, Habs, and Leafs more than the Flames. That is due to interactions with some of their fans growing up (friends' drunk parents who were blind Habs and Leafs fans that had not played high level hockey running their mouths off, especially during the Habs Cup run in 93) and/or as an adult (Vancouver - mind you, the Bertuzzi Moore incident turned me off of the team earlier). 

I have the same view on the CFL - I always cheer for the East team in the Grey Cup if the Eskimos are not in it.

I have plenty of co-workers and friends who are football (soccer) fans that view the Champions League the same way - if their team is not in it then they cheer for the other associations against rivals from their favorite team's league. 

Stupid was the wrong word to use and I was stupid for using it. :foryou: 

5 hours ago, kimik said:

Kevin, will Neal Adams have a booth set up like the last time he was here to sell prints/commissions?

Also, will there be any day that the artists will be set up in advance for Exhibitors to get commissions?

Yes, Neal will have a booth setup in the Big 4.

No one is specifically obliged to take commissions before the show opens on any specific days. Many artists these days open their lists to paying customers before setting foot in the hall. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again !

Been a little bit of a quiet collecting year for me.

Great to see Dave at the last Red and White Show . Was kinda cranky that Cathrine Tate cancelled . Was hoping for some more Dr Who !

Have to get the SOTI sketch book ready for the weekend ! Anyone pick up any cool soti books lately ?

Also looking for a DD 2 an avengers 4 (Both CGC mid grade) and also Andy's Blue Beatle 54 at 1999 prices !

Thor

13 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Anyone pick up any cool soti books lately ?

Also looking for a DD 2 an avengers 4 (Both CGC mid grade) and also Andy's Blue Beatle 54 at 1999 prices !

Thor

dearest Thor:

Please get thouest head out of the women's shower you SOTI freak:

DlN2GoH.jpg

How is the weather forecast looking like for Calgary with the show running through 4 days weekend? Presently I am looking online showing some snow mixed on Thursday but go into sunny on weekend. Hopefully will improve better if Mr. Freeze decide to let Heat Wave do his way.

In the meanwhile, van is tank full for the road. My budget is coming up in time as planned. (Knocking wood) :wishluck:

waiting for my ticket to come in mail ...

3 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

How is the weather forecast looking like for Calgary with the show running through 4 days weekend? Presently I am looking online showing some snow mixed on Thursday but go into sunny on weekend. Hopefully will improve better if Mr. Freeze decide to let Heat Wave do his way.

In the meanwhile, van is tank full for the road. My budget is coming up in time as planned. (Knocking wood) :wishluck:

waiting for my ticket to come in mail ...

Weather should be ok  :wishluck:

I'm mulling over whether to rent a cube truck and pick up a good chunk of the collection in Red Deer on the way to Calgary.