• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Where were you when I need to know ... like two days ago!! :blahblah::slapfight:

I could had pulled out my books to get them signed. :baiting:

I Know  !

It hasn't been announced yet....... weird !

Maybe more surprises today ???

4 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

I Know  !

It hasn't been announced yet....... weird !

I think Kevin might have mentioned previously that he won't actually be here but he will have minions selling his pre-signed krap. 

4 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Let me know please :idea: if the Fan Expo team confirms the dates for Vancouver Fan Expo that bounced from Nov, 2018 to Oct. then to perhaps Dec, 2018.

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Where were you when I need to know ... like two days ago!! :blahblah::slapfight:

I could had pulled out my books to get them signed. :baiting:

You can just buy them all again from me at the show instead and get them signed. :baiting:

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

You can just buy them all again from me at the show instead and get them signed. :baiting:

lol Do you have one with Black Cat with “Meow!” :baiting:

1 hour ago, Kevin Boyd said:

As far as I know FEV is in mid-October

Yeah? That should be interesting to see how it goes since we have other show on 28th. hm

Oh, and good morning! First day to begin the fun at 2 pm. Will take photos during the weekend. 

37 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

This is gearing up to be a decent show. :popcorn: 

Yes, I sent my lackeys ... erhh, my Silver Edge Comics buddies with 9 consignment comics to try to sell at aggressive prices at Calgary expo including Action #242 Brainiac raw g+ $1,050, ASM 798 nm x 2 $25, Two Gun Kid 77 1st Black Panther prototype about vf+ (Kirby art) about $95, Mystery in Space 53 Adam Strange raw g/vg about $130, Blackhawk 9 (1st in title) incomplete $125 4 centerfolds out (this is less than 1/2 eBay values for a worse copy that has 5 centerfolds out), Classics Illustrated #32 Lorna Doone vf/vf+ with Matt Baker cover and art circa 1964. Most are unpressed virgin comics.  

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Yes, I sent my lackeys ... erhh, my Silver Edge Comics buddies with 9 consignment comics to try to sell at aggressive prices at Calgary expo including Action #242 Brainiac raw g+ $1,050, ASM 798 nm x 2 $25, Two Gun Kid 77 1st Black Panther prototype about vf+ (Kirby art) about $95, Mystery in Space 53 Adam Strange raw g/vg about $130, Blackhawk 9 (1st in title) incomplete $125 4 centerfolds out (this is less than 1/2 eBay values for a worse copy that has 5 centerfolds out), Classics Illustrated #32 Lorna Doone vf/vf+ with Matt Baker cover and art circa 1964. Most are unpressed virgin comics.  

I’d be curious to see your book - Two Gun Kid 77. hm

46 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I’d be curious to see your book - Two Gun Kid 77. hm

The Two Gun Kid #77 1st Panther prototype vf/vf+ will be at booth 1024. Please ask for Mister Ed :idea: at Silver Edge Comics who also has my Marvel Super-heroes # 18 Guardians Galaxy vf- raw on consignment. Thanks and have a fun show.  

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Yeah? That should be interesting to see how it goes since we have other show on 28th. hm

Oh, and good morning! First day to begin the fun at 2 pm. Will take photos during the weekend. 

October 12-14. So we’re two weeks before instead of two weeks after.

13 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

This is gearing up to be a decent show. :popcorn: 

Was Harley able to find Clobberin' Time/Citadel or your booth after the relocation? Raided or your regular customers can't find your booth yet? Sell lots, mon ami. :applause:

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Was Harley able to find Clobberin' Time/Citadel or your booth after the relocation? Raided or your regular customers can't find your booth yet? Sell lots, mon ami. :applause:

Strong first day for us. 

Picked up 50 boxes of a new collection we purchased out of Red Deer.  We'll go back early next week to get the other 100ish boxes - after filling our rental van collection owner told us to bring a bigger truck.  Pulled out a few books from the collection for CGC including beautiful high grade copies of Foom 1, 2, 10 and some early San Diego Program books and a few other books for our own collection  Had a feeding frenzy most of the day.  Sold almost all the fooms we left out plus lots of MMMS stuff, calendars, fanzines, convention program books, posters, notepaper, etc.  We weren't sure how strong the market was for some of this odd stuff but if flew out.

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Strong first day for us. 

Picked up 50 boxes of a new collection we purchased out of Red Deer.  We'll go back early next week to get the other 100ish boxes - after filling our rental van collection owner told us to bring a bigger truck.  Pulled out a few books from the collection for CGC including beautiful high grade copies of Foom 1, 2, 10 and some early San Diego Program books and a few other books for our own collection  Had a feeding frenzy most of the day.  Sold almost all the fooms we left out plus lots of MMMS stuff, calendars, fanzines, convention program books, posters, notepaper, etc.  We weren't sure how strong the market was for some of this odd stuff but if flew out.

We found a complete Foom kit with the original Hulk mailer that contained potential 9.8 copies of Foom 1 to 3. Had a buyer in the booth want it but we didn' want to sell it. 

Further digging found Foom stickers, more Foom magazines, and about 10 Hulk mailers so I decided to "rebuild" a complete Foom kit since we had all the parts. Once I was done I priced it and put it on our wall display. It sold within a minute at $500.

Found 2 sets of the Steranko History of Comics also still in the original mailer envelope. Sold the moment it was found. Many of the boxes we have never searched through yet and customers in the booth were the first to see it.

A complete Steranko calendar also caught the eye of a buyer. We have paste up mock ups that look like they could be the original art to the calendar. Not sure how we would verify that but quite the find!

Edited by Artboy99

Today I had fun wandering around. My short box is half full of new books brought. Took some photos of great cosplayers around. The LEGO fan club had assembled their project in theme of “Back To The Future” ... the Hillville of all three movies together. 

I took a video of that town project from end to end. 

28FF2CB5-EA73-47C7-9F05-A6AA61BEB94B.jpeg

444F8D4D-A5E7-4191-8704-1B99C498ECB3.jpeg

849391DF-2BAF-4AC5-A3B5-370B82012658.jpeg

The Back ToThe Future panel tonight was heavy awesome! I get to learn a few facts about how the origins of the movie trilogy come to exist to make them happened. Also some of the actors shared their experiences in filming. 

Lea Thompson mentioned that she keeps the fake oversized boobs where she acted as Biff’s wife in the alternative universe. The reason she did that was to prevent anyone from buying them as props from the film stuff leftovers. lol

17 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

We found a complete Foom kit with the original Hulk mailer that contained potential 9.8 copies of Foom 1 to 3. Had a buyer in the booth want it but we didn' want to sell it. 

Further digging found Foom stickers, more Foom magazines, and about 10 Hulk mailers so I decided to "rebuild" a complete Foom kit since we had all the parts. Once I was done I priced it and put it on our wall display. It sold within a minute at $500.

Did you find any spare FOOM $75 :shy: short pencils. I believe they were supposed to be included in the Hulk mailer envelope but greggy will surely correct me.