• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

:headbang: I was hoping you’d make it out. 

It should be a blast, dude! Tim and I will be there Thursday night, and Steve will be joining us Friday night or Saturday morning. I can't remember what the verdict was on dinner but I'll touch base with you on Friday!

As for Calgary, it will great to hang out in a new town together :headbang:

The event is on CGC’s schedule, they will have a booth.

On site grading in Canada will never happen so long as there’s a border.... customs, brokers, passports and costs for all those staff needed make it too high risk and costly.

39 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

On site grading in Canada will never happen so long as there’s a border.... customs, brokers, passports and costs for all those staff needed make it too high risk and costly.

That's too bad. Having on-site grading might help us pry some of the books loose from the hands of these long-time collectors. Once the grade is set all we would have to do is negotiate on the price....... :sorry: 

Edited by kimik

19 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I stand corrected. 

3 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:
On 3/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Senormac said:

Calgary is actually not that far away.  Close to Bamff too.  

hm

I might show up in cosplay so you won't know its me  :grin:

Do it! :baiting: 

I've been trying to talk MIke/senormac into coming to the Calgary Expo for years.  He'd love it and could have a second honeymoon in Banff.

7 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

c'mon Mike! @Senormac

C'mon Mike.  Mountains and comics and lawnmower beer and cheap Canadian dollar.

banff.jpg.4f9cf046816aa94e07f682eae395f09f.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=banff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJhPjhoujZAhVC1WMKHaqrAe8Q_AUICygC&biw=780&bih=386

Edited by thehumantorch

32 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

C'mon Mike.  Mountains and comics and lawnmower beer and cheap Canadian dollar.

banff.jpg.4f9cf046816aa94e07f682eae395f09f.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=banff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJhPjhoujZAhVC1WMKHaqrAe8Q_AUICygC&biw=780&bih=386

From Lake Louise up to Jasper is one of the most beautiful roads in Canada, the Canadian Icefields Parkway. Who in the world wouldn't like this?? 

do a google search- Lake louise to Jasper.

Breathtakingly beautiful. :luhv: 

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

From Lake Louise up to Jasper is one of the most beautiful roads in Canada, the Canadian Icefields Parkway. Who in the world wouldn't like this?? 

do a google search- Lake louise to Jasper.

Breathtakingly beautiful. :luhv: 

Yep, beautiful national park and a great place to visit, should be on everyone's must visit list. 

We’ve got another Marvel guest headed our way! Make some noise for Amy Acker, aka Caitlin Strucker from The Gifted. She will be joining fellow Gifted star Emma Dumont at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo this April.

29177250_10156199612304911_2568571261131161600_n.jpg

13 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Banff, beautiful national park and a great place to visit, should be on everyone's must visit list. 

... during the summer. Try simple but striking Parker Ridge hike west of Glacier Parkway.

humanTorch: what were your best sellers at Red and White con? Heard you had boffo :flipbait: sales. Congrats.

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

... during the summer. Try simple but striking Parker Ridge hike west of Glacier Parkway.

humanTorch: what were your best sellers at Red and White con? Heard you had boffo :flipbait: sales. Congrats.

Everything was selling.  

That's what happens when Brian and I aren't there with the good stuff. People have to settle for your books or nothing at all.......... :baiting:

15 minutes ago, kimik said:

That's what happens when Brian and I aren't there with the good stuff. People have to settle for your books or nothing at all.......... :baiting:

You better bring the goods this year.  Not the krap you had last year.