• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, kimik said:

That's what happens when Brian and I aren't there with the good stuff. .......... :baiting:

How much will ASM #795 2nd print with Norman Osborne cover, :wishluck: and ASM #798 Ross cover be 'retailing' for by Calgary Expo? $20 US each?

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

How much will ASM #795 2nd print with Norman Osborne cover, :wishluck: and ASM #798 Ross cover be 'retailing' for by Calgary Expo? $20 US each?

Depends on which booth you go to. :baiting:

Or, in our case, whether you are on Karl's/Dave's side of the endcap or mine/Brian's. :foryou:

It will be interesting to see what happens, but ASM #795 2nd print may mean nothing by the show.........

As far as the Ross #798, are you referring to regular or 1:100 virgin cover variant? I can't see the 1:100 being only $20 anywhere.........

Edited by kimik

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Depends on which booth you go to. :baiting:

Or, in our case, whether you are on Karl's/Dave's side of the endcap or mine/Brian's. 

Knowing Dave's exchange rate and tax, ASM # 798 $20 US becomes $40 Cdn with free bag and board, not mylite. :angel:

2 minutes ago, piper said:

His pricing on other books e.g ASM 129 is also aggressive.

HumanTorch's price on ASM #129 was hopefully :bigsmile: lower than Harley's April, 2017 ASM #129 slabbed 8.0 vf at $2k (US greenbacks).

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Knowing Dave's exchange rate and tax, ASM # 798 $20 US becomes $40 Cdn with free bag and board, not mylite. :angel:

I did not say which side of the booth will be higher......... or which side will actually have the books. I know that one will for sure and they may/may not be pricing at full market value. :devil:

Edited by kimik

4 hours ago, kimik said:

It's not my fault that joeypost is easier to deal with than you so he gets all the good stuff first........... :foryou:

I control the money so you should give me first crack.  :sumo:

14 minutes ago, greggy said:

I control the money so you should give me first crack.  :sumo:

Knowing that, I will now. (thumbsu

I may even bring out one of my unsorted SA/BA/CA/Modern keys boxes for you to dig through. I can't remember what is even in some of those boxes now..........

Edited by kimik

28 minutes ago, kimik said:

Knowing that, I will now. (thumbsu

I may even bring out one of my unsorted SA/BA/CA/Modern keys boxes for you to dig through. I can't remember what is even in some of those boxes now..........

:censored:

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

HumanTorch's price on ASM #129 was hopefully :bigsmile: lower than Harley's April, 2017 ASM #129 slabbed 8.0 vf at $2k (US greenbacks).

Very good question!  Dave and Karl probably jacked up the price again after the Red & White Show.  :baiting:

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Like we'd sell that junk....

hmm, you are right. The lower print run on ASM # 795 2nd printing should be the $40 key compared to the much higher print run of ASM # 798 Ross cover by Calgary Expo. Is price fixing still illegal in Western Canada? :flamed:

20 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

hmm, you are right. The lower print run on ASM # 795 2nd printing should be the $40 key compared to the much higher print run of ASM # 798 Ross cover by Calgary Expo. Is price fixing still illegal in Western Canada? :flamed:

I think so, seems to me Superstore got into trouble price fixing their bread.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, thirdgreenham said:
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, thehumantorch said:

C'mon Mike.  Mountains and comics and lawnmower beer and cheap Canadian dollar.

banff.jpg.4f9cf046816aa94e07f682eae395f09f.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=banff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJhPjhoujZAhVC1WMKHaqrAe8Q_AUICygC&biw=780&bih=386

From Lake Louise up to Jasper is one of the most beautiful roads in Canada, the Canadian Icefields Parkway. Who in the world wouldn't like this?? 

do a google search- Lake louise to Jasper.

Breathtakingly beautiful. :luhv: 

It's 888 miles from my door to Calgary .  I could take a lot of pictures on a drive like that, not to mention the show itself  :luhv:

....... but I'd have to get a visa :frustrated:

Don't expect me :sorry:

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

It's 888 miles from my door to Calgary .  I could take a lot of pictures on a drive like that, not to mention the show itself  :luhv:

....... but I'd have to get a visa :frustrated:

Don't expect me :sorry:

Are you American? If so, no visa required, just drive across the border. (thumbsu