• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, greggy said:

Your prescreen didn't help with that Flash book you sold to Flatliner1313.

Unless you really didn't miss the obvious resto the first time. :whistle:

@Flatliner1313

You used up all the batteries in the black light I lent you a decade ago. Darn so I blame greggy per normal.

2 hours ago, greggy said:
2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Do the early mid-1970s Comic Readers have subscription labels?

Just heard the Mister Ed with Vancouver's fresh GA and SA collection was so fresh that he was still grading, pricing, and placing in mylar his comics on the Thurs night of Calgary Expo.

And missing resto

Unfortunately, lots of resto.  I'd estimate 50% of his GA books had color touch.  There was no bleed through, joey figures someone used crayons or something similar to fill the color breaking creases as it came off when rubbed with a white piece of paper.

59 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Unfortunately, lots of resto. 

Is Clobberin' Time going to travel the Sept, 2018 circuit with your 100 boxes of fresh mags, zines, etc. :whee: to Red and White (Calgary) then Saskatoon Expo then return home to Edm Expo?

7 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Is Clobberin' Time going to travel the Sept, 2018 circuit with your 100 boxes of fresh mags, zines, etc. :whee: to Red and White (Calgary) then Saskatoon Expo then return home to Edm Expo?

We will do the pop up June 2 and the red and white

He is referring to the fall shows. I think we are booked for Red and White and just renewed Edmonton this weekend.

Edited by kimik

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

None of them have subscription labels.

Then you should charge more $$ for pristine Comic Readers. Think there was 1 with b/w illo of Stan Lee on cover $$.  

3 hours ago, kimik said:

He is referring to the fall shows. I think we are booked for Red and White and just renewed Edmonton this weekend.

When are the dates for Red and White show this fall? 

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Then you should charge more $$ for pristine Comic Readers. Think there was 1 with b/w illo of Stan Lee on cover $$.  

We have it and most of the rest of the run.  First appearance of a lot of characters like Black Lightning.

2 hours ago, Fan Boy1 said:

When are the dates for Red and White show this fall? 

Red and White is usually same Sunday as HH Con in Vancouver: Sept 9, 2018. That is why HH con is a chasm of emptiness to hear one's echo, as all the big boyz vend at Red and White.

humanTorch Dave: Was there :nyah: a Comic Reader #1 in that horde of a zine collection or the title changed from another zine?  :D

22 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Red and White is usually same Sunday as HH Con in Vancouver: Sept 9, 2018. That is why HH con is a chasm of emptiness to hear one's echo, as all the big boyz vend at Red and White.

humanTorch Dave: Was there :nyah: a Comic Reader #1 in that horde of a zine collection or the title changed from another zine?  :D

Thanks. Hmm, in September? That would be a good time to visit my dad again and raid more booty from Human Torch. As well some others. :foryou:

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Red and White is a better venue than the HH Con in Vancouver?

I think the comic readers started around issue 90.  There is an entire short box piled up with them so there may be earlier issues or there may be another box we haven't picked up yet.

7 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Thanks. Hmm, in September? That would be a good time to visit my dad again and raid more booty from Human Torch. As well some others. :foryou:

Red and White is a small 1 day show.  I'd guess attendance is around 2500.  There's usually quite a few comics in the room tho

On 5/2/2018 at 11:18 AM, aardvark88 said:

That is what you get when I don't do Mr Ed's pre-screen, as he was too rushed. Either way, it seems like Harley went to Mister Ed's hotel Sunday after the con to try to do a bulk buy.  :wishluck:

I have difficulty talking to "Mr Ed" and I have no idea why. ???  He seemed to not care if anything sold or not.  So strange for a person trying to sell his comics. 

18 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I have difficulty talking to "Mr Ed" and I have no idea why. ???  He seemed to not care if anything sold or not.  So strange for a person trying to sell his comics. 

Mister Ed is a hermit and a hoarder. Does not like to sell much of anything but he did well just sitting on his stash of vintage comics the last 33 years. He could not believe that common BA 'garbage' was actually in demand and had decent value $$ now:

sxkjWUK.jpgYRgQ4XP.jpg

17 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Red and White is a small 1 day show.  I'd guess attendance is around 2500.  There's usually quite a few comics in the room tho

I would have to weight out which comic 1-day show in the September month I want to go. However, this year’s Calgary Comic Con is great