• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

The tickets are up open for sales to buy online. If Micheal Fox is on the list, expect to see some more big names coming and good comic artists to be on list. I have my sketch to go with me to get the artists do theirs on it. 

I already had brought my ticket. Next is to save up for the travel expenses and comic budget. A place to sleep is covered by a friend in Calgary. 

First time CCEE offered two options on tickets, the non-refundable and refundable. The refundable option is higher by price. If you want to cancel, there is a 4-6 weeks process to send back your refund (minus the service and tax fees). I think it is about the same as non-refundable level.  

17 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Is the Big 4 Building undergoing large renovations meaning those economy pop culture vendors, artists, inkers and publishers :cry: will need to shoehorn into the main comicon halls?

Was not aware of this fact about their renovations.  Have they began doing the work now?

No idea when all be finished.  Hopefully all done before end of April. :wishluck:

Add note: Found out they are building a new roundhouse stage with a bar inside there?  They had started in Oct 2017... that could be either reduced footage for vendors or not?

Edited by Fan Boy1

Here is the link showing the new venue inside one of the hall buildings. Will that mean some vendors and collectors going get little tippy with drinks? Will we see superhero themed cosplayers on stage to entertain us? That could be Greggy’s breakthrough on stage!? lol

http://venues.calgarystampede.com/venues/big-four.html

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Here is the link showing the new venue inside one of the hall buildings. Will that mean some vendors and collectors going get little tippy with drinks? Will we see superhero themed cosplayers on stage to entertain us? That could be Greggy’s breakthrough on stage!? lol

greggy plays a mean saxophone, and I mean MEAN... 

9 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Will we see superhero themed cosplayers on stage to entertain us? That could be Greggy’s breakthrough on stage!? lol

Had a quick look at the schematic. Looks like pub is downstairs at the Big 4 Bldg so the stage should also be downstairs for greggy to 'shake it.':sorry:

12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

... for Yorba Linda? :news: Joeypost may be getting his Western region cons mixed up, as Joey is flying each month.

Nope. This will be my third Calgary show. Hopefully it won’t be my last as it was a good show under old management. 

14 hours ago, joeypost said:
14 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

hm 

:fear:

Don't be afraid. Just bring your Rangers jersey to wear to the Flames playoff games.

@kimiks treat for tickets this year. (thumbsu