• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2018 at 8:04 AM, ecgt said:

Did anyone scoop this up last night? It looks interesting and is definitely the first time I've seen one.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/RARE-1942-EAT-RIGHT-TO-WORK-AND-WIN-KING-FEATURES-CANADA-COMIC-GOLDEN-AGE/183134816414?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

5ab8e1a8680b8_EatRighttoWorkandWin.thumb.jpg.e4269b3b603c2f8551184ee0eb18d86a.jpg

Here's the U.S. version (which itself isn't too common).  First time I've seen the Canadian version.

lf_zpsofyh65ix.JPG

On 1/29/2018 at 2:50 PM, mikeyc67 said:

Some nice covers. That Atomic Comics is a beauty. This came this morning ? my first Canadian title comic.

098D0E66-B316-414E-8F02-E81678BB970C.jpeg

Great!  Reprints the Raboy cover from the htf U.S. Dynamic Comics 9.

I've started up a mailing listserv this week on Canadian golden age comics at: https://groups.io/g/canadiangoldenagecomics . I hope we can make a go of it. You are all welcome to join. Stephen, Jim F., and Tony C. from this group are already members along with myself. One of the early posts was about the two new Dingle Colossal covers that I found in Bob MacMillan's collection. The covers are not war-themed and may have come out after the 1944 ones we are familiar with. Here are the covers:

Colossalshark.jpg

Colossalspeedboat.jpg

The lot (5 pages in total) comprises three unused legal documents: pages 2-4 of the standard 4-page contract that Bell signed with its artists, a one-page form that was submitted to the Commissioner of Patents, and a one-page form that was submitted to the US Consulate in Toronto. The latter two documents are on Bell stationery and relate to the registration of trade-marks (copyright). 

s-l1600.jpg